P500 Newby here. Need rack ideas.

RobbieS

RobbieS

Nov 26, 2016
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I'm looking to buy a Pioneer 500 very soon. My problem is that I haven't figured out how to transport it. I live in a RV diesel pusher, full time. I tow a GMC Sierra 1/2 ton pickup truck behind the motorhome, that pickup bed is used for storage for other toys, can't have the SxS in the bed, so, I'm thinking I need a rack that goes over the bed. I am very confused about what to buy and where to look. I need all the suggestions I can get. Thank you in advance.

G

gsiebrecht

Aug 22, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 700-4
what you are looking for is called a sled deck. 1/2 ton pickups are generally too small for them though. They really squat the back end of the pickup.

Reactions: RobbieS
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm looking to buy a Pioneer 500 very soon. My problem is that I haven't figured out how to transport it. I live in a RV diesel pusher, full time. I tow a GMC Sierra 1/2 ton pickup truck behind the motorhome, that pickup bed is used for storage for other toys, can't have the SxS in the bed, so, I'm thinking I need a rack that goes over the bed. I am very confused about what to buy and where to look. I need all the suggestions I can get. Thank you in advance.
Welcome here Robbie. That subject has been discussed here and there is a product made to do what you want. If you can use the search function you should be able to find it here.