P1000 Newby looking for Information

GHT

GHT

Sep 6, 2020
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just recently purchased a new to me 2018 EPS 3 seater. I'm looking to upgrade to ride trails that will more than likely involve a fair amount of MUD. At first I was going to build it up with at least 4" 30% reduction portals and 33" Tires, but I'm kinda thinking something a little milder now. My thoughts are to replace the stock A Arms with 1 1/2" forward high clearance arms front and back and run some 30" tires. What are the PROS and CONS of this type of set-up. How capable will it be? Will the stock gearing handle the 30" tires OK? The only thing that I've done so far is, chop the cage 4", this was part of the original plan to keep it fitting in my standard garage. Suggestions on anything and everything else would be greatly appreciated ! Pictures of any one running this set-up would be amazing, as I'm a visual guy!
Like I said, I'm kinda a visual guy, so the picture is my DD.

39F410E9 11D5 4F89 8999 FD22184A9833

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just recently purchased a new to me 2018 EPS 3 seater. I'm looking to upgrade to ride trails that will more than likely involve a fair amount of MUD. At first I was going to build it up with at least 4" 30% reduction portals and 33" Tires, but I'm kinda thinking something a little milder now. My thoughts are to replace the stock A Arms with 1 1/2" forward high clearance arms front and back and run some 30" tires. What are the PROS and CONS of this type of set-up. How capable will it be? Will the stock gearing handle the 30" tires OK? The only thing that I've done so far is, chop the cage 4", this was part of the original plan to keep it fitting in my standard garage. Suggestions on anything and everything else would be greatly appreciated ! Pictures of any one running this set-up would be amazing, as I'm a visual guy!

View attachment 225719
Welcome to the forum but that there’s a Jeep. Ain’t no pioneer....pictures please, or it’s as imaginary as all my friends...

DrShotgun

DrShotgun

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2020
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from southern Ohio! 30” tires are as big as you want to go without some help from a tune or Igr or something. A machine as you describe is extremely capable over this way in a Appalachian Mountains, but depending on how deep you are wanting to ride you might need more lift and tires. Either way definitely extend you vent lines and snorkel you machine if you plan on riding a lot of water and mud.

#NTC

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No issues with 30’s and stick gearing. You will need some forward arms like the SATV arms for example, and a set of spacers won’t hurt. That’s the set up I have.
Mine is on the right @100Acre is on the left

891CE210 CA7C 4D1D AA3F 04788541803F
A7B7B1EE 6707 4AA9 A45C 81A8050A9D28
397344A3 3ADB 455A B8EE F10A012EE96A

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 225719

Depending on the mud you’re playing in you might want an IGR and a tune the canned Dynojet tune should be fine. The “peanut butter” mud we have around here that is basically sticky wet clay will hold on to anything that you put in it. The looser silty sandy stuff shouldn’t be a problem for stock with 30’s.

CE03AB86 FD64 4519 8E56 B0DDB4E10E86

This was my setup with SATV with 30’s, if you do the SATV arms go ahead and contact “garage products bushings” the SATV bushings are crap. You will also want to add weld washers around the upper a-arm holes and carry a spare a-arm bolt the factory arms use a rubber bushing that absorbs impacts but the SATV uses a hard plastic brushing that does not. It puts a lot of wear on that bolt hole and bolt.

You can see in this video what ⅛ of wear on the bolt hole does.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!