chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree and always try to help the new guys even with the simple stuff that has been beat to death. Just rubs me wrong when they don't introduce themselves or say hello or tell us anything about their machine and just demand an answer to a question with their first post. Like we're their secretary that has to do their research for them. That's when they get directed to the search function. Chances are that the same guy won't give a thanks when you give him the answer either. We're all friends here, not employees. Some need enlightening.
Hey I always say Thank you

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If you want to make amends START A CONVERSATION with the person, IE get a room. Some things easier to correct not in public venue.
Can you tell me how to do that?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Hey I always say Thank you

Yes you do chadbo and I always make it a point to thank guys as well. Most guys on this forum do too and that's one of the reasons I joined this one and not others, respect. Some don't though and it irritates the hell out of me. It's like holding a door open for someone and they don't say thanks, makes you wish you had slammed it on them.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Can you tell me how to do that?

If Jackal's link doesn't work Smitty, go to the little envelope up in the right hand corner. Click on it and then on start a conversation. Choose the member you want to have a conversation with and you're all set. This is also referred to as a PM...private message.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
He is referring to this one I deleted
P700 - To much dust for happy wife

And the bashing continued until you got involved after I messaged you.

That was a good thread. Took me a while to find my picture of the dust covered interior. Brought back memories of a trip to Michigan. Gotta have a mid panel in dust with a windshield even if roof is not on. Thanks nipper and swesbek and rocmar and the others that hit like. Maybe I can find a picture of a "happy wife" on that trip.

Thanks everyone. ;)

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That was a good thread. Took me a while to find my picture of the dust covered interior. Brought back memories of a trip to Michigan. Gotta have a mid panel in dust with a windshield even if roof is not on. Thanks nipper and swesbek and rocmar and the others that hit like. Maybe I can find a picture of a "happy wife" on that trip.

Thanks everyone. ;)
it is back open by the way..

N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its all good. I only got tired of hearing one person rag on people for looking for a solution to the dust. He had already cut me down for supposedly not understanding that dust was part of riding and I let it go. But when I saw him do it to someone else I called him out. To answer some of the questions/statements on here: Yes i understand dust is part of riding, but I use my SXS to check cattle pastures because of limited access while in these pastures-to get to these places requires riding down dirt/gravel roads and the dust was so bad than I couldnt allow my 3 year old to ride (big part of the reason i bought the 1000-5). No, I am not new to sxs, new to the forum (any forum and tapatalk) and am learning the ins and out. I am new to Honda (sxs) having traded in a Teryx (which i had no issues with-just knowing from the ATVs ive had that Honda reliability is great). I did introduce myself when i joined and included a picture and have liked or thanked everyone for the replies to questions. I do not expect anyone to be a secretary or do my leg work for me, i thought sharing info and ideas was what forums were for (but I am new). I am not hard to get along with at all. If I have offended anyone by standing up for myself and other members or asking questions (not understanding what forums are for) maybe this isnt the place for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Its all good. I only got tired of hearing one person rag on people for looking for a solution to the dust. He had already cut me down for supposedly not understanding that dust was part of riding and I let it go. But when I saw him do it to someone else I called him out. To answer some of the questions/statements on here: Yes i understand dust is part of riding, but I use my SXS to check cattle pastures because of limited access while in these pastures-to get to these places requires riding down dirt/gravel roads and the dust was so bad than I couldnt allow my 3 year old to ride (big part of the reason i bought the 1000-5). No, I am not new to sxs, new to the forum (any forum and tapatalk) and am learning the ins and out. I am new to Honda (sxs) having traded in a Teryx (which i had no issues with-just knowing from the ATVs ive had that Honda reliability is great). I did introduce myself when i joined and included a picture and have liked or thanked everyone for the replies to questions. I do not expect anyone to be a secretary or do my leg work for me, i thought sharing info and ideas was what forums were for (but I am new). I am not hard to get along with at all. If I have offended anyone by standing up for myself and other members or asking questions (not understanding what forums are for) maybe this isnt the place for me.

I am sure you did not offend anyone that didn't ask for it. One of the two ways to deal with the dust is with a windshield run a back panel, or get a windshield that opens at the bottom 4" or so, that returns the positive air pressure so not as much dust swirls in. The third way is no windshield at all, but not plausible if you get a lot of rain frequently or deal with a lot of bugs. Only one company make a good glass windshield that opens for the P1K that is alumalite armor . com
a little pricey $800 for windshield alone but it is very well made and looks to work with other OEM accessories (roof, etc.)

Compare

J

Jshell3

@Nipper If it makes you feel better, I had the same reaction to this forum my first week. Come to find out, that's NOT the way threads USUALLY go down. Stick around and post some more. You'll see!

N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys. By the way....I love the HondaHawg. Will post more pictures as soon as i can get off of it. I have a switch panel ordered from Mystic, and wake tower speakers-color leds will not look great with the camo, but the daughter helped pick them out...and a tru utv isolator. Got to let the wallet heal a little then get a few more things and start wiring!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Just so we are all clear here.
There is no issue with @Nipper.
He said what needed to be said and I appreciate him for that.
I do apologize for removing his post to clean things up but they were all tied together.

calvin17 is the one I feel for the most.
Shame his thread got all wrecked. I hope he didn't get ran off.

And thank you to all the guys who reported the derailment.

C-ya.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One other option might be a "bug buster". Keeps the bugs off and light rain but wouldn't stop a heavy rain.

Mid panel is really only way to reduce dust if you have a solid fixed windshield.

Last edited:
N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One other option might be abut buster. Keeps the bugs off and light rain but wouldn't stop a heavy rain.

Mid panel is really only way to reduce dust if you have a solid fixed windshield.
Can you elaborate on buster? Not familiar? Im prob going to just take my windshield off and try not to smile so the bugs dont stick in my teeth.

N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One other option might be abut buster. Keeps the bugs off and light rain but wouldn't stop a heavy rain.

Sorry buddy. I found it. Getting used to searching the forum. 14dd5e3d93289246a0af101159879156

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Hey Nipper, hope you don't think my post was aimed at you, just in general. I do the same, I can handle a good amount of poking in the ribs but I'm more apt to fire back when they go after someone else. Glad to see you didn't R U N N O F T'd! :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!