BOX1

P700 To much dust for happy wife

calvin17

calvin17

Jan 25, 2017
Sturgis Sd
Ownership

1. 700-4
wife loves our 700-4 but hates the dust. We live in South Dakota after a ride we look like a couple of people from a wagon train. Can you guys help me out? Calvin

J

Jshell3

Yes. Windshield is the culprit, if you can remove it and still be comfortable, that will solve your dust problem (unless you follow too closely behind me!)

Reactions: Nipper and sharp
wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
If you have a windshield you have to get the back panel. Easily cuts dust in half if not more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nipper and sharp
Arizona

Arizona

Sep 1, 2016
Casa Grande & Show Low Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
A windshield that seals to the hood helps cause the vacuum that makes air & dust swirl back around into the cab. On my half windshields I make sure there is at least a 1/4" gap between the bottom of the windshield and the hood, it really helps reduce the vacuum effect because if some air can pass under, then it lessens the vacuum.

Reactions: the-op and sharp
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Found it. Now look at the seats where we sit. My butt is bigger than hers. I can relate to what calvin17 is up against. Put in a mid panel and the wife will be happy. On another note.....Think about how hard the air filter has to work. :eek:
DirtyGettingFishing  20140818 174111

N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
wife loves our 700-4 but hates the dust. We live in South Dakota after a ride we look like a couple of people from a wagon train. Can you guys help me out? Calvin
There are some posts on here about vents some have installed in the roof. Havent heard how well they work but thinking of trying it for the winter months here as it dry here then sometimes too. Using mine to haul hay and feed wrecks everthing in the cab from that stuff swirling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Calvin,
the first few replies have your solution. A backdrop will greatly help and raising the windshield or installing vents is a second best.

@rocmar,
your post has brought no answers to the OP's questions. Please keep things on track.

- Will reopen post once I clean up all this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the honda windshield that allow me to open in some. I also have the back panel but dust happens and so we use a good set of goggles and the Wolfsnout.

Reactions: trigger and swsebek
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!