P500 No Electric power

G

Gamgriff

Sep 4, 2020
Coronado, California
Ownership

1. 500
2015 500 I did a little wiring job and now nothing works but fuses are good. Cant check the 49 amp fuse because I can't remove it. No power to anything.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did something spark?
Did you reconnect the battery?
What were you wiring on?

Reactions: Mudder
G

Gamgriff

Sep 4, 2020
Coronado, California
Ownership

1. 500
Was working on a turn single kit. No sparks and I checked with a meter to make sure of no shorts to ground. The only connection to the machine wiring was I connected my relay coil to a red wire that was switched.

G

Gamgriff

Sep 4, 2020
Coronado, California
Ownership

1. 500
The reason I can't remove the fuse is I do not know-how. Never seen one like that. One more fact is the output from the relay was not connected yet so the coil seems to be the only thing that was connected.

JsheII3

JsheII3

Long time listener.
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2018
Mississippi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My dads p500 is has a short in the ignition switch, itself. Nothing comes on, sometimes.

Reactions: Mudder
G

Gamgriff

Sep 4, 2020
Coronado, California
Ownership

1. 500
My two daughters removed the ground wire from the battery that I installed and now everything is good. I am at a loss for the answer but will investigate.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!