BOX1

P1000 No reverse or low range

M

Mike740

Dec 18, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I have a pioneer 1000-5. Last week I had been riding, I put it in reverse and it didn't move. It grinds something terrible, so I did some reading on here and found this to be a common problem. I replaced the shifter low reverse, gear reverse drive, final drive low gear, and the front fork. Now when I put it in reverse it don't grind anymore but it won't move either. Forward gears work in high range but not in low range. What am I missing? Thanks

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hello, I have a pioneer 1000-5. Last week I had been riding, I put it in reverse and it didn't move. It grinds something terrible, so I did some reading on here and found this to be a common problem. I replaced the shifter low reverse, gear reverse drive, final drive low gear, and the front fork. Now when I put it in reverse it don't grind anymore but it won't move either. Forward gears work in high range but not in low range. What am I missing? Thanks
In the floorboard of the drivers rear seat there is an access hatch you can pop and there is a box lid under the access hatch. Pop the lid and you can adjust cables inside the box. Ive never opened it or had to do it myself, but maybe there is something that needs to be adjusted in there. If thats not it Im sure someone smarter than me will be along shortly with a better answer. Good luck!

Reactions: BWAF
93whitese-r

93whitese-r

Lifetime Member
Aug 6, 2017
Cincinnati ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How bad is it too pull the subtrans and replace the gears I think mine is starting to go out

Reactions: BWAF
93whitese-r

93whitese-r

Lifetime Member
Aug 6, 2017
Cincinnati ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How many hours or miles are you guys at who are having issues?
Mine has about 400mi on it and I did the old shift into low when it was cold and didn't notice it didnt shift all the way into gear showing the - symbol and it started clicking and finally slammed into gear so I'm guessing I'll be tearing into it here soon replacing that

Reactions: Plumber32
Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Mine has about 400mi on it and I did the old shift into low when it was cold and didn't notice it didnt shift all the way into gear showing the - symbol and it started clicking and finally slammed into gear so I'm guessing I'll be tearing into it here soon replacing that

My Talon is in the shop with about 150 miles for the same thing. I'm not familiar with the shift gate on the P1k, but I think the shift gate is a poor design on the talon. It needs to be further from park and the gate should be smaller imo.

93whitese-r

93whitese-r

Lifetime Member
Aug 6, 2017
Cincinnati ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My Talon is in the shop with about 150 miles for the same thing. I'm not familiar with the shift gate on the P1k, but I think the shift gate is a poor design on the talon. It needs to be further from park and the gate should be smaller imo.
You talking about the gate at the shifter right ?

J

jruss617

Feb 18, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How bad is it too pull the subtrans and replace the gears I think mine is starting to go out
This is what I need to know lol. About to tear into mine. i have all forward gears high and low, just no reverse other than a grinding noise.

• Wow
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This is what I need to know lol. About to tear into mine. i have all forward gears high and low, just no reverse other than a grinding noise.
Welcome to the forum and your first ever post after a full year! 🥳
so u must know the drill…
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

What year and Milage is that machine that your sub trans needs to be cracked into?

Reactions: WagginTail
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@93whitese-r and @jruss617 there is a thread on servicing your sub trans. They'll run forever if they're kept in proper cable adjustment and you follow the full-stop-and-idle rule for shifting.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Read everything, lots of good tips from the gang in there.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!