P1000 No start or when it does it dies!!! HELP!!

justinjaeger

justinjaeger

Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2018
illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I posted earlier than I thought it was the idle air control valve. Well it was not. I ordered the IACV replacement wires and the injector wires. Replaced yesterday with no luck. Air filter, gas spark Arrestor all look good. I have 2017 a limited 3 seater. Are the ground wires in the same location and the non limited?? Can’t ever get it running. I pulled the plugs and the ceramic is not white it is brown. Does this mean they are fouled or do they get brown over time. Only 600 miles on the machine. When it does start it will idle for about 20 seconds then die. Any help would be great. I have been reading for hours in the forum trying to get and help I can. Thanks in advance.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I posted earlier than I thought it was the idle air control valve. Well it was not. I ordered the IACV replacement wires and the injector wires. Replaced yesterday with no luck. Air filter, gas spark Arrestor all look good. I have 2017 a limited 3 seater. Are the ground wires in the same location and the non limited?? Can’t ever get it running. I pulled the plugs and the ceramic is not white it is brown. Does this mean they are fouled or do they get brown over time. Only 600 miles on the machine. When it does start it will idle for about 20 seconds then die. Any help would be great. I have been reading for hours in the forum trying to get and help I can. Thanks in advance.
🤔.....might need new plugs, don't think the ceramic supposed to be brown....???

I'd also check all the grounds, even if they feel tight, put a wrench or socket to it and they might turn a bit more

justinjaeger

justinjaeger

Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2018
illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for getting back. Are the grounds different for the limited?? I could not find one on the front of the engine. Only on I found was on the driver side of the engine. Below the air intake. I plan on new plugs next. I have heard it could also be the battery, but I have had it in a tender. I have a volt meter and it was reading about 11.5. After many tries of and it not starting.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
spark plug

Spark plugs

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Do you have a battery load tester?
If not, use a multimeter.
Battery.
hook up your multimeter.
Key off, what is the voltage?
Key on, what is the voltage?
Turn on EVERYTHING , high beam head light and any other accessory, step on the brake. now what is the voltage?
Now crank it over while watching the voltage.
If you are below 10 volts, bad or low battery.

justinjaeger

justinjaeger

Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2018
illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When I put a battery charger on it and it cranks faster it seems to want to start quicker. When the battery charger is off I have around 12 volts that drops to 11. Could this be some electrical issue. When I replaced the IACV and thought I had the problem fixed, I took it to the trail and it started off fine the first stop I made it died. I would start it up again quickly put it in high and take off only to have it die on the next stop. Any more help would be great. Thanks to all who responded yesterday!!!

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Screenshot 20221108 120447 Brave

Everyone that owns a Pioneer 1000 needs to do their self a favor and purchase a set of these to have on hand. They won't go bad setting on a shelf and you can always eliminate this as a problem easily. Or buy from a dealer for triple the price or from ronayers.com for double the price.
Either way buy a set.

Screenshot 20221108 121133 Brave
Screenshot 20221108 121143 Brave

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV

View attachment 362135

Everyone that owns a Pioneer 1000 needs to do their self a favor and purchase a set of these to have on hand. They won't go bad setting on a shelf and you can always eliminate this as a problem easily. Or buy from a dealer for triple the price or from ronayers.com for double the price.
Either way buy a set.

View attachment 362142View attachment 362143
Looks to be different for LEs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!