P1000 No start or when it does it dies!!! HELP!!

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 362135

Everyone that owns a Pioneer 1000 needs to do their self a favor and purchase a set of these to have on hand. They won't go bad setting on a shelf and you can always eliminate this as a problem easily. Or buy from a dealer for triple the price or from ronayers.com for double the price.
Either way buy a set.

View attachment 362142View attachment 362143
These are listed for 2021. My 2018s are different. Look up your specific rig.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks. When I put a stand up roll behind charger it did start better. Will start with plugs and battery.
My old 350 rancher would do the very same thing as your P1k and it turned out that any draw past the ignition and it would not run.
Cleaned terminals and changed the battery and it started up and ran fine.
A voltmeter only tells part of the batteries story where as a load tester will tell much more.

justinjaeger

justinjaeger

Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2018
illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My bet is on the battery.
Not sure I can put a solid reason at it just my gut feeling.
Whatever it turns out to be good luck.
Thanks. When I put a stand up rollbehind charger it did start better. Will start with plugs and battery.
My old 350 rancher would do the very same thing as your P1k and it turned out that any draw past the ignition and it would not run.
Cleaned terminals and changed the battery and it started up and ran fine.
A voltmeter only tells part of the batteries story where as a load tester will tell much more.
awesome advice. I will start with the battery. It is 5 years old so makes sense to go with plugs and battery.

justinjaeger

justinjaeger

Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2018
illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Bourbon??? You guys sound like Old Thompson guys (maybe Mad Dig 20/20) Thanks for the help on my Pioneer not running and f-ing up the forum thread. WTF. I thought this was a great website until you guys responded.
Seems like I might be posting back to the wrong forum. I am just looking for some help to get my pioneer running. I get am email after you guys respond and it takes me to this response page. AGAIN!!! Any original help would be great.

Glock21user

Glock21user

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Bourbon??? You guys sound like Old Thompson guys (maybe Mad Dig 20/20) Thanks for the help on my Pioneer not running and f-ing up the forum thread. WTF. I thought this was a great website until you guys responded.
Angry, pissy, short tempered not to worry a good shot of Woodford Reserve Double Oaked will fix you right up and life will be good.
Hell we will even let you join our bet to show we are right neighborly.
Got any old broken crayons or missing
domino's and maybe a couple nickels and you will be in the running with us.

Glock21user

Glock21user

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
We are helping but we definitely have our own sense of adventure and fun.
Those that don't know us don't understand us.
Your original need of help will not be forgotten nor lost, this is just our way of having a few fun filled moments and pickin back and forth.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!