Multi NOAM NUTV-5 Stereo Install (with pics and sound)

mystic1219

mystic1219

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 3, 2015
I wanted to share a few pictures and my thoughts on this sound system. To be upfront, I sell these at a hobby level along with my custom switch panels (examples here- Switch Panels (ALL) ) but in my honest opinion, they are very well put together systems. They couldn't be much easier to install and they are very low profile, almost not noticeable if you are not playing music from them.
I bought the NUTV-5S which comes with 2 pod speakers, subwoofer, amp, controller, and all wiring, etc. If you can figure out where the red and black wires go then you can install this system (lol)
I mounted my amp under the hood up as high as possible. I sold my older noam system to a friend and that amp survived a submersion a couple of years ago and is still kickin'. The speakers have a really nice clamp setup with rubber spacers for multiple sizes of tubing, 1.75" included of course. My old system did not have the sub and honestly, just the 2 speakers are very clear with more volume than I have ever needed. For my music style, I did not necessarily need a sub, but I wanted to try one out to see what the rage was about their new one. The bass from the sub is not like a high power car/truck system that will rattle your teeth but it does add a nice little thump to the system. I turned down my front channel (running the pods) slightly for more even sound levels. Since I never went over about 70% volume I was missing out on the sub's potential. I will add a sound clip below (see link in the second post). Listening on a cell phone does the sub no justice but if you listen on a better set of speakers you can definitely hear the "thump".
The Noam systems are made in China, but whose arent these days? I have been really happy with mine and wanted to share my experience with them. If you are interested in them shoot me a PM for pricing and options.

This post was discussed and approved by @Hondasxs

Last edited:
mystic1219

mystic1219

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 3, 2015
SOUND CLIP OF THE NUTV5-S HERE: New video by Justin Beatty

Noam has a more affordable NUTV4 series that has great reviews and MSPR is $220/299 with either 2 speakers or 4

The NUTV5 MSRP is $399 with the 2 tower speakers or $599 with 2 tower speakers and the sub.

They also offer the NUTV5-quad with 4 tower speakers for $599 or the NUTV5-S quad with the sub for $799.

I throw in one of my dash mounted switch panels for the controller for anyone from the forum that purchases a Noam system from me.

Last edited:
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Can you run the speakers/amp/sub off a Boss audio marine head unit? Or does it all come in a package deal with the NOAM head unit? I've been really interested in this since the slim sub came out.

Reactions: JTW
mystic1219

mystic1219

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 3, 2015
Can you run the speakers/amp/sub off a Boss audio marine head unit? Or does it all come in a package deal with the NOAM head unit? I've been really interested in this since the slim sub came out.
The amp and controller have a unique, round 7(ish) pin twist-lock connector. The amp outputs are normal 2 wire and could drive any speakers you wanted to use.

Reactions: Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
The amp and controller have a unique, round 7(ish) pin twist-lock connector. The amp outputs are normal 2 wire and could drive any speakers you wanted to use.
That's what I was wondering. I'll PM you

T

thirdparty

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Very cool. I've been looking at these. Does the sub have any problems staying in position where you have it mounted? Can you shorten the supplied wiring with the connectors easily?

J

JTW

I wanted to share a few pictures and my thoughts on this sound system. To be upfront, I sell these at a hobby level along with my custom switch panels (examples here- Switch Panels (ALL) ) but in my honest opinion, they are very well put together systems. They couldn't be much easier to install and they are very low profile, almost not noticeable if you are not playing music from them.
I bought the NUTV-5S which comes with 2 pod speakers, subwoofer, amp, controller, and all wiring, etc. If you can figure out where the red and black wires go then you can install this system (lol)
I mounted my amp under the hood up as high as possible. I sold my older noam system to a friend and that amp survived a submersion a couple of years ago and is still kickin'. The speakers have a really nice clamp setup with rubber spacers for multiple sizes of tubing, 1.75" included of course. My old system did not have the sub and honestly, just the 2 speakers are very clear with more volume than I have ever needed. For my music style, I did not necessarily need a sub, but I wanted to try one out to see what the rage was about their new one. The bass from the sub is not like a high power car/truck system that will rattle your teeth but it does add a nice little thump to the system. I turned down my front channel (running the pods) slightly for more even sound levels. Since I never went over about 70% volume I was missing out on the sub's potential. I will add a sound clip below (see link in the second post). Listening on a cell phone does the sub no justice but if you listen on a better set of speakers you can definitely hear the "thump".
The Noam systems are made in China, but whose arent these days? I have been really happy with mine and wanted to share my experience with them. If you are interested in them shoot me a PM for pricing and options.

This post was discussed and approved by @Hondasxs

View attachment 221055
View attachment 221057

View attachment 221059
View attachment 221062
View attachment 221063
How much?

Reactions: ByeRZR-P1000-5
mystic1219

mystic1219

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 3, 2015
Very cool. I've been looking at these. Does the sub have any problems staying in position where you have it mounted? Can you shorten the supplied wiring with the connectors easily?

There is a mounting point centered on the back of the sub or you can move the bracket to the top center like I have shown. I chose this way so it sits higher and out of the way but I haven’t a chance to give that a good shakedown yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nice set up. I had the NTUV5 with 4 speakers amp and controller in my P1K5 from 16’ till this year when I switched to a kicker system with an amp and a kicker sub. The Noam is a nice “starter” sound system. They have very high treble and little if no bass as @trigger pointed out many times lol also a bit distorted to hear on trail. The speakers have standard 2 wire inputs so u can hook them to any amp or control/stereo you want. I did this at first to my new set up but the 4-1/2” speakers can only do so much. The new version uses the same speakers, just a different stylish housing. Glad to see they’ve added a sub, the control looks the same, so im assuming you still can’t adjust the treble and bass unless there’s something I’ve missed? Good starter system tho. I was happy for a while.

Reactions: trigger
mystic1219

mystic1219

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 3, 2015
Nice set up. I had the NTUV5 with 4 speakers amp and controller in my P1K5 from 16’ till this year when I switched to a kicker system with an amp and a kicker sub. The Noam is a nice “starter” sound system. They have very high treble and little if no bass as @trigger pointed out many times lol also a bit distorted to hear on trail. The speakers have standard 2 wire inputs so u can hook them to any amp or control/stereo you want. I did this at first to my new set up but the 4-1/2” speakers can only do so much. The new version uses the same speakers, just a different stylish housing. Glad to see they’ve added a sub, the control looks the same, so im assuming you still can’t adjust the treble and bass unless there’s something I’ve missed? Good starter system tho. I was happy for a while.
The sub woofer was upgraded a year or so ago. Did you have one of the original ones? It's still probably not what your Kicker sub is but the new one is an upgrade from the original for sure.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The sub woofer was upgraded a year or so ago. Did you have one of the original ones? It's still probably not what your Kicker sub is but the new one is an upgrade from the original for sure.
Yes it was one of the original ones. I’m glad they offer a sub now. Should help it out. I like the smallness of the system. Just didn’t like not being able to control the treble and bass and lack of a decent sub.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!