William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On cold start I get this internal rattle/knock noise... Any ideas? It goes away after it warms up a little...

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I half way figured it out... It sat for 4 days this week and I just jumped in it and threw it in drive, drove 50 feet, and put in neutral still running. Then it started the noise... I think the oil didn’t have time to get in the clutches good. I went back about 4 hours later, let it warm to one bar on the dash, drove the same amount, and no noise. So it looks like I just need to let it warm up a little better...

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think I half way figured it out... It sat for 4 days this week and I just jumped in it and threw it in drive, drove 50 feet, and put in neutral still running. Then it started the noise... I think the oil didn’t have time to get in the clutches good. I went back about 4 hours later, let it warm to one bar on the dash, drove the same amount, and no noise. So it looks like I just need to let it warm up a little better...

I was gonna say, it kinda sounds like mine. I like to let mine warm up to one bar at least. Just one of the quirks of a seven hundred, I guess.

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The manual sais let it get to one bar temp before driving... every time it has made this noise, I drove it before letting it warm up a little, and it had been sitting a week or so. I hope that is all it is... I’m going to let it warm up from now on!

Reactions: Mudwing
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After about 7 days sitting, I cranked the 700, and let it warm to one bar on temp....
No noise... I’m almost certain it was oil not getting in the clutches good...

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!