Noisy Rear Brakes

338mag270

Feb 21, 2014
At slow speeds the rear brake is making a grumbling noise! This began last week as I was descending down a very steep and rocky hill and was traveling very slow, maybe 1-3 MPH. I isolated it to the rear brake as it did the same thing when only applying the parking brake at the same speed. I washed the rear brake area and the noise stopped for about 20 minutes and now its back again, even on level ground. But it only happens on slow speed stops.

Took the P4 in for its first service and oil change yesterday. The tech said the brake issue is common and will go away with time.

Anyone have some insight into this?
mine is making the same noise going down steep grades, sounds like the back brake rotor is chattering real bad, have you found a solution yet???? mine is getting much much worse, i"m just not sure if this is a product defect or can something be done to correct it

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!