BOX1

P1000 Noob Owner in Colorado

lomax

lomax

Apr 28, 2021
Denver Colorado
My RZR blew an engine this last weekend and I was fed up with belts so found and purchased a new Pioneer 1000-5. The only color I could find (actually the only machine I could find in Colorado) was Camo. Danged, :(,,, My favorite. :D. I can't wait to pick it up after they get a few accessories installed and head up to the cabin this weekend.

And thank you for the add to the forum from Broomfield Colorado.

Marc

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
20200613 111923
Welcome from Ohio. Help you remember what your getting. :)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My RZR blew an engine this last weekend and I was fed up with belts so found and purchased a new Pioneer 1000-5. The only color I could find (actually the only machine I could find in Colorado) was Camo. Danged, :(,,, My favorite. :D. I can't wait to pick it up after they get a few accessories installed and head up to the cabin this weekend.

Marc
WELCOME from NW Arkansas! NICE buggy!

DrShotgun

DrShotgun

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2020
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Marc
Welcome from southern Ohio! Post up some pics once you get it! That will be the only time it looks that good!
#NTC

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Marc
Welcome from NE Michigan

Beast May 2020

TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Nevada, I'm jealous, My Pioneer hasn't even been built yet, still about 2 weeks away, then shipping...... Picking up a trailer today to haul it home from the dealer.... At least that seems like progress....

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Marc
Welcome to the group from southern Arizona.

lomax

lomax

Apr 28, 2021
Denver Colorado
Thank you all. I got to spend some time with it this weekend and must say whoever set this up did a lousy job. I will speak with the dealer but I am not sure if they even checked the machine over. The alignment was set at 2" toe out and the steering wheel was about 45 degrees to the left. Both front doors rattled and the bed rattled. I did an alignment and centered the wheel and adjusted the bumpers and catches and now it handles good and does not rattle going down the road. Why can't they at least do the simple stuff on such an expensive machine. And I had to post again as you are requiring a picture. LOL:

The DCT is wonderful but is very slow to respond in comparison to my Africa Twin. I assume they are completely different systems even though they are called the same thing.

Do you really have to do the initial service at 6 hours like the dealer said? No big deal but I am not really looking forward to the valve check.

IMG 0196

DrShotgun

DrShotgun

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2020
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you all. I got to spend some time with it this weekend and must say whoever set this up did a lousy job. I will speak with the dealer but I am not sure if they even checked the machine over. The alignment was set at 2" toe out and the steering wheel was about 45 degrees to the left. Both front doors rattled and the bed rattled. I did an alignment and centered the wheel and adjusted the bumpers and catches and now it handles good and does not rattle going down the road. Why can't they at least do the simple stuff on such an expensive machine. And I had to post again as you are requiring a picture. LOL:

The DCT is wonderful but is very slow to respond in comparison to my Africa Twin. I assume they are completely different systems even though they are called the same thing.

Do you really have to do the initial service at 6 hours like the dealer said? No big deal but I am not really looking forward to the valve check.

View attachment 269591
I think it’s 20hr or 100miles whichever comes first on the initial service.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 269591
The service requirements are all in the manual you received with the machine. I believe it is 100 miles or 20 hours. Additionally, the valve adjustment is optional and recommended only if the valves are making noise or the machine is hard to start. That info is also in the fine print in the manual. The DCT gets smother with time. Enjoy the new toy. Skip the dealer for the service but keep your receipts. The first and subsequent services are easy to do yourself and if they let the machine out the door in the condition you described, I wouldn’t trust them to do the service correctly either.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you aren’t a fan of the camo you can buy any years solid colors from Rocky Mountain atv, I’m sure it would be easy to sell the camo panels for a reasonable price.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!