Nut Nuts

M

Mollie46

Feb 18, 2019
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I received my Trail Armor skids and when installing I stripped out two of the self tapping screws. I now need to install a couple of riv nuts. has anyone used one of the tools that you use a wrench to set the riv nut, and what size riv nut did you use? The tool with the long handles are two long to use under the pioneer, looking for easy access. I guess I will after to remove the outside panel to install the riv nut. If anyone has any experience with this let me know, thanks.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I received my Trail Armor skids and when installing I stripped out two of the self tapping screws. I now need to install a couple of riv nuts. has anyone used one of the tools that you use a wrench to set the riv nut, and what size riv nut did you use? The tool with the long handles are two long to use under the pioneer, looking for easy access. I guess I will after to remove the outside panel to install the riv nut. If anyone has any experience with this let me know, thanks.
I had to jack mine up and put it on jack stands to use the long nutsert tool. I'm not sure what size. I just bought a kit with multiple sizes and used the 1 that's close to the size of the self tappers. Used some allen head screws from work. They make weldables if u can weld.

J

JTW

You can make the nut tool. I used this method and later bought the actual bolt cutter looking tool. If you’re doing this laying down... you’re doing it wrong. Lift the front of the machine up and sit it on its ass... waaay easier to work on!

DE7D167A 915D 40F1 A867 D87DA8B1E874

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Riv-Nuts are simple. I've used them a lot. Don't be intimidated.

The tool is convenient but you can get by without it.
Use the drill size that the Riv-nut calls for.

M

Mollie46

Feb 18, 2019
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Riv-Nuts are simple. I've used them a lot. Don't be intimidated.

The tool is convenient but you can get by without it.
Use the drill size that the Riv-nut calls for.
Did you use steel or aluminum?

advertisement
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What rivnut did you use, steel or aluminum, I tried to use a stainless rivnut using a manual tool and I could hardly get it expanded while laying under the Pioneer 1000-5. This is using a wrench while holding the large nut to expand the nut.

I have these from Astro Pneumatic in 1/4-20, 5/16-18, m3-m8. They work well. With the nut and bolt tool, I usually tap the nutserts with a deadblow before threading them on the tool to give them a little initial crush.

Astro Pneumatic Tool RN14 1/4"-20
Robot Check

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!