P1000 odd noise

J

Jason-2119

Jan 6, 2020
Central MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey Guys, new to the club. I got a 2019 Honda Pioneer 1000 with about 190miles on it so far and it has been a great machine. I do have one question about a strange noise I hear when it's not warmed up and it's below about 40F or so. Once its warmed up I can barely hear it. It comes from what seems like the front drivers side and its a sound like something is rubbing against something about once every revolution of the tire. I initially thought it had something to do with the heating system but that doesn't make sense. I have looked at the undercarriage and there isn't anything like a stick or corn husk making the revolution. The one thing I haven't checked yet is the oil level in the front differential could that be the culpret?

Reactions: Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Guys, new to the club. I got a 2019 Honda Pioneer 1000 with about 190miles on it so far and it has been a great machine. I do have one question about a strange noise I hear when it's not warmed up and it's below about 40F or so. Once its warmed up I can barely hear it. It comes from what seems like the front drivers side and its a sound like something is rubbing against something about once every revolution of the tire. I initially thought it had something to do with the heating system but that doesn't make sense. I have looked at the undercarriage and there isn't anything like a stick or corn husk making the revolution. The one thing I haven't checked yet is the oil level in the front differential could that be the culpret?
Probably a flat spot in the tire. Check/up the psi.

Reactions: Isaiah
Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jack that side u and spin the wheel by hand to get a better idea.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!