P1000 Noise level

D

devinsprunk

Nov 8, 2022
Platte center ne
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I'm looking at purchasing a Honda pioneer 1000-3. I currently have a 2020 can am Maverick sport 1000r. I want something quieter on the trails so I can have a conversation while riding. For your guys experience. At good cruising speeds of 20-25 mph can you have a conversation without screaming. It's nearly impossible in my maverick.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm looking at purchasing a Honda pioneer 1000-3. I currently have a 2020 can am Maverick sport 1000r. I want something quieter on the trails so I can have a conversation while riding. For your guys experience. At good cruising speeds of 20-25 mph can you have a conversation without screaming. It's nearly impossible in my maverick.
Absolutely. That’s one thing I like about the none belt drives. Grab a higher gear and it quiets up. Unlike belt drives that are mostly in high revs all the time the Hondas don’t need to be like that.

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would say at those speeds yes you can with an elevated voice, by no means do i have to scream.....

Side note, i have a good buddy with the CanAm like your's and he says it's horrible noisy at higher RPM....

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Michigan.

Its almost impossible in any sxs to have a Sensible conversation with someone at Cruising speed. unless you have a full hard cab and even then your still getting alot of noise and you boil in the summer. Although the Pioneer having the DTC transmission does help that alot over a rubber band ,your still sitting on a motor and an open rear where the exhaust is. Ive ridden in a Canned Ham Maverick like yours and its a real noisy bugger. So a pioneer will be much better, but from what im gathering in your question, you wont be happy with any sxs when its all said and done. Now if u get some good radios with race noise canceling headphones with intercom, you can have just that. I rode @Tramguage1 Talon with that set up with my wife and she sounds like Fivel the Mouse normally and I could hear her very well and clear. Id like to do that set up but theres some good $ involved. So either do something like that or get rid of the sxs and get a Bronco or Jeep.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Never rode in a Maverick so I don't know how loud they are, the Maverick probably rides a lot better on trails than the P-1 will, but it sounds like you ride a lot of dirt roads at 25 MPH, trails are usually around 5 MPH. That said the door bushings stink, RB3 make some quiet ones. I'd go with the P-1 Deluxe and skip all the gizmo wizardry of the LE's, but that's just me, simple is better in my book. Good luck with your choice!

Last edited:
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Get the Honda. It’s a far superior machine that will last a long time.
As far as conversations go, audible is one thing, sensible is a totally different subject.
Take a look at the changes Honda made for 22 and you will understand how Honda leads the way !

Reactions: Biteme

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!