Talon Off-Road & UTV Expo in Scottsdale, AZ this weekend

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
For those in AZ, I went to this show last year and it was pretty cool, lots of vendors and stuff to check out. Honda will be there this year but I see no mention of demo rides.

Home <---link

Reactions: BWAF and monaco
Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
For those in AZ, I went to this show last year and it was pretty cool, lots of vendors and stuff to check out. Honda will be there this year but I see no mention of demo rides.

Home <---link
My wife and I and some friends are flying in for this show.. and to celebrate my wife’s bday! Hopefully it will be worth the trip from WA!

Reactions: Lil_Steve
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
My wife and I and some friends are flying in for this show.. and to celebrate my wife’s bday! Hopefully it will be worth the trip from WA!

Happy birthday to your wife! Mine is in a couple of weeks.

I don't know that I'd fly a few hours just to attend this (not trying to distract you, I very much enjoyed last year) but hopefully you have other plans to make your trip worthwhile. Last year was my first time attending the show, and I wish it had manufacturer participation since I was in the market for a SxS. There were local dealers with machines on display which was nice. But now that I have a 1000R I'll have more interest in the aftermarket suppliers.

Safe travels!

Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
Yeah, the trip is as much about getting out of the cold for a few days and celebrating my wife’s bday as it is about the show, but I hope the show is good! They say they have over 200 vendors, all closely related to the Offroad industry, plus Honda is a primary sponsor this year, so that should help. Now if we just don’t get fogged in at the airport tonight! Allegiant Airlines can’t seem to take off if it’s not sunny and 75 degrees out!

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Had a good time at the show today. Got a few things from local vendors and day dreamed at some of the toy haulers. RMATVMC was there and has a 10% off coupon code valid for a week, hopefully some of you can make use of it for the holidays. I'm going to use it on a set of Terrabites.

IMG 20191207 131540 XL

Reactions: Mudwing
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We are hoping next year to have a booth set up at the Expo. As far as the cold- it was a little chilling and rainy here today.

D

DDDonkey

I went and it was pretty neat, I really liked the XTC Talon with the turbo kit! XTC said it dyno-ed at 150 RWHP and was running out of air, so they needed to change the intake, it was just between the seats. I did not like the location of the intercooler but that is me. I also really like the 2020 LE green plastics, it was metallic in color.

IMG 4199 IMG 4209 IMG 4208 IMG 4206 IMG 4207 2

Last edited:
Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
My wife and I along with another couple flew over to Scottsdale from our home in WA for a weekend get away and to go to the show. I was pleasantly surprised at how many vendors and other activities were there! We had a great time and picked up a lot of goodies at show prices! Some amazing UTVs and other off road machines there! Honda was there with their Talon i4WD roller ramp display going on right outside the entrance all day. I found myself feeling sorry for the poor kid they had driving up and down that roller ramp all day long, only to discover the “kid” was actually an older Honda Corp. rep probably 60+ years old. During one of his few breaks I got a chance to talk to him and when I told him I’d called multiple Honda dealership service departments around the country and none could tell me where the Talon ECU was located he said hang on, grabbed his cell phone, called one of the Talon Engineers on a Saturday afternoon and got me the answer immediately! I really appreciated that! BTW, the ECU is under the driver’s seat!

advertisement
Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
My wife and I along with another couple flew over to Scottsdale from our home in WA for a weekend get away and to go to the show. I was pleasantly surprised at how many vendors and other activities were there! We had a great time and picked up a lot of goodies at show prices! Some amazing UTVs and other off road machines there! Honda was there with their Talon i4WD roller ramp display going on right outside the entrance all day. I found myself feeling sorry for the poor kid they had driving up and down that roller ramp all day long, only to discover the “kid” was actually an older Honda Corp. rep probably 60+ years old. During one of his few breaks I got a chance to talk to him and when I told him I’d called multiple Honda dealership service departments around the country and none could tell me where the Talon ECU was located he said hang on, grabbed his cell phone, called one of the Talon Engineers on a Saturday afternoon and got me the answer immediately! I really appreciated that! BTW, the ECU is under the driver’s seat!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!