Member Oh Ratz!

V

Vmax

Nov 15, 2020
Madras, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Rodents got into my Pioneer 1000 air intake. Got in thru the prefilter box and made it all the way to the primary filter where they served themselves breakfast and left their "business cards". I have inserted some wire mesh in the pre filter box to make that more difficult in the future. Has anyone tried oiling the prefilter material to discourage entry and maybe
20240113 133436
20240123 110354
catch some dust?
Thanks.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Has anyone tried oiling the prefilter material to discourage entry and maybe
Not on the stock filter. Most likely will restrict too much air flow. It wasnt designed for that. K&N’s are tho but $$$ you cant hide money If u buy one. And not much better than the stock one imo.

Your best bet is to buy a new stock filter and snorkel your pre filter in the engine compartment like 90% of us on here have done then u will never have to worry about dust again on the main filter plus easier to maintain. Just search “snorkel” up top, grab a beer sit back and blow your 🤯

As for your mice, I hate the fucers myself. They can all die a slow and painful death like the Taliban, Chicoms and the North Korean army…..anyway, the best way i found to keep them out and to have the best Holocaust result is with large bait stations but they have to be placed out of your building. People make the mistake by putting them inside the building. WRONG! That will bring them inside and inside to die. Not good. So place them outside. Look on Amazon or your home center for one. Good luck!

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This may help you if you decide to create a pre filter.

Post #47

Mice suck. It is crazy how many I have to fight since moving into the country lands from the little city. I haven't had air filter issues yet but I do frequently get them in the HVAC filters of my cars.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks for the info!
Your welcome.

Dont forget to tag the person your replying to or hit reply and respond underneath.
If u dont, they wont know you respinded unless they were poking around and seen new post like i did😉

Reactions: Robobrainiac
V

Vmax

Nov 15, 2020
Madras, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This may help you if you decide to create a pre filter.

Post #47

Mice suck. It is crazy how many I have to fight since moving into the country lands from the little city. I haven't had air filter issues yet but I do frequently get them in the HVAC filters of my cars.
Thanks for the info.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
fwiw: a tag is simply a @ in front of a user name, that will send an alert to the user --> @Vmax

Note that there has to be a space in front of and behind the tag or it won't work. If you want to make the tag possessive, you still have to add the space --> @CID 's

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!