Oil Capacity of front and rear plug on 1000

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Any one know how much oil drains out of the front vs the rear plug on the 1000? I'm looking at heater pads for the oil pan for cold starting and wonder if I can get buy with one. I'm also adding a battery heater pad. The machine gets daily use so I don't think I need a tickle charger. The pads are like everything else, they're high priced for the good ones. I think I going with Zerostart because there not made in China.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Any one know how much oil drains out of the front vs the rear plug on the 1000? I'm looking at heater pads for the oil pan for cold starting and wonder if I can get buy with one. I'm also adding a battery heater pad. The machine gets daily use so I don't think I need a tickle charger. The pads are like everything else, they're high priced for the good ones. I think I going with Zerostart because there not made in China.
I know the oil is all together in the engine. I'm asking which pan may have the most oil volume so I can apply the heating pad on that one.

Reactions: Biteme
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I know the oil is all together in the engine. I'm asking which pan may have the most oil volume so I can apply the heating pad on that one.
The rear drain is the oil tank, it's around 3.5 to 4 quarts. The oil pan drain is around 2 quarts or a bit more.
😎

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!