• Thread starter Bombardier Convert
  • Start date
Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just wondering if this would be at all something that would work on a P1K-3? Or a waste of money and time?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just wondering if this would be at all something that would work on a P1K-3? Or a waste of money and time?

View attachment 341898
As far as......??? Oil change?.....Probably not

Siphoning a little overfill?.......yes, but there's way cheaper ways of doing that job. Like a big syringe with a small hose on the end.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought there was a fill screen?
How would you be sure which sump you were draining?

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

View attachment 341898
Yes, Ive had that very pump for 5 yrs and use it every day on generators for my job And its BA. You can use it for all kinds of applications as long as u can get the siphoning tube In the proper orifice to get ALL the oil out. Never tried it on my Pioneer or Talon tho.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

View attachment 341898
Because of the multiple drain plug / oil collection areas in the bottom of the Pioneer 1000 engine/ transmission, I would say the only effective way for removing old oil is using the factory drain plugs and gravity.

H

HondaTech

Thr oil fill has a screen about 2 inches below the opening.

The only way to get any oil out hy siphoning would be through the dipstick hole.

Even then youll never get enough out, there will be so much left in the oil tank.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes it's probably a dumb idea and a waste of about $115 plus tax. Was just wondering if anyone here might have had the same dumb idea as me?
I did, but the conventional way for the sxs’s is prob the way to go. But for most anything else, its worth it. I use it in my mower, done front and rear diffs trans’s radiators all kinds of stuff. Its been a life saver with the residential, commercial and industrial generators I work on.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can get most (95%) of the oil out of the one drain…one closest to the frame rail. It does make that one quite a bit less messy, but the other is a no-go. Run the tube thru the dipstick.

I use my extractor all the time…it really makes oil changes less messy.

advertisement
Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You can get most (95%) of the oil out of the one drain…one closest to the frame rail. It does make that one quite a bit less messy, but the other is a no-go. Run the tube thru the dipstick.

I use my extractor all the time…it really makes oil changes less messy.
I just might get it and give that a try. I would still pull the plugs and drain everything but less mess is always better than big mess... Sounds like it is good for lawnmowers and other type lawn and garden engines.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just might get it and give that a try. I would still pull the plugs and drain everything but less mess is always better than big mess... Sounds like it is good for lawnmowers and other type lawn and garden engines.
They are handy for transmissions, diffs and other small gear boxes that you can slip a hose into.
I have a mity vac that runs on shop air. Works great and no moving parts other than a simple ball valve. Gear boxes with heavy oil do need to be warmed up a bit.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!