Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just went over 109 miles and figured I’d go ahead and change oil and filter. I just bought a gram filter (6015) at Walmart and it says it fits pioneer too. Would you use this filter? What type oil? Thanks
FWIW, I changed my filter the first two services. Was pissed from the beginning what you have to go through to get to it only to find something the size of a savory biscuit, tasked to filter 4+ quarts of oil....🙄

Never went through that s*** again. Decided to change oil often, 4-500 miles and reuse the oil for my chainsaws. 3500 miles later, I pulled the little token filter, just to see, and it was clean. I’m still waiting for someone with the tools and knowledge to machine something to attach to the motor that would take an external screw on filter like my Polaris Ranger has...

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Just went over 109 miles and figured I’d go ahead and change oil and filter. I just bought a gram filter (6015) at Walmart and it says it fits pioneer too. Would you use this filter? What type oil? Thanks

Cross check it on the internet. I would imagine if it says that it is approved for use in a P500 of your year it would work. Also pay attention to the old filter. If it looks the same as the new one It should be fine. I would use the filter if it was a pressing situation. I personally order them directly from the dealer I purchased it from. Lots of folks are too far away to visit the dealer so I would recommend ordering online. ATTENTION!!!!! IT'S NOT 4+ QUARTS OF OIL!! REFER TO YOUR OWNERS MANUAL FOR PROPER OIL CAPACITY AND IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT CHECK THE ONLINE MANUAL. Good luck. Send an update :)

T

THeck

Jun 3, 2020
Southeast, KY
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
I ordered Honda oil and filter online. Wasn’t terribly bad to do. Just a little aggravating pulling out all the plastic pins. Oil looked clean. I let it drain for awhile to get it all out. But 3 quarts is showing full on dipstick. I guess a little was left in engine. Fram filter is same size as original and comes with o ring. It was made a little different though. I appreciate all the recommendations

Reactions: Morpheus

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!