Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Currently running it with no tip or arrestor 😎, sounds decent, I'll get it back on, but had to go give it a post maintenance inspection sending it down the road haha, shifts and runs helluva lot nicer ! I never pushed it hard before oil change but wow it's got some snap! , shifting is MILES better than when I picked it up, clutch is less "jumpy" at slow speeds... ran it for a bit ,did the clutch relearn again .. seemed to smooth out even more 👍... two things I noted, rear end had quite a bit of metallic sheen in the oil , front diff was perfect, but gave me some pause when I saw the rears oil . manual says change at 1800 miles.. machine has 1900 miles . Also while the shifting is almost car smooth now, I do notice a slight "tick" about half a second before it shifts... is this the clutch? The drive terrain ? The rear ? Or is this the norm? Its not loud or really "clunky" just noticeable noise right before shifts up or down
I agree with @Mopower58 with the shifting. The rear diff oil has probably never been changed. I would go for a good couple rides then drain it and recheck. I bet you probably have enough left to refill it from your service.

Reactions: TxDoc and Mopower58
N

NightwolfP1000

Feb 27, 2024
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree with @Mopower58 with the shifting. The rear diff oil has probably never been changed. I would go for a good couple rides then drain it and recheck. I bet you probably have enough left to refill it from your service.
My guess as well, was original fluid , I imagine break in change was never done , was thinking of running something mildly heavier in rear to compensate for possible wear because of lack of a fluid change for 1900 miles ... maybe I'm being anal but,its my MO with my machines, I take care of them they take care of me,

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My guess as well, was original fluid , I imagine break in change was never done , was thinking of running something mildly heavier in rear to compensate for possible wear because of lack of a fluid change for 1900 miles ... maybe I'm being anal but,its my MO with my machines, I take care of them they take care of me,
You’re overthinking this. Get out there and run this machine and get used to it. Have some fun! Nothin wrong with takin care of your machines but you bought it to have fun.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I had a solid suspicion it was a shift solenoid, it sounded electronic, if that makes sense
I'll confirm that it's the shift solenoid, it drove me crazy for awhile but now I just wonder in amazement at how well the whole DCT concept works.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Don't think 18 was under the clutch recall. Just 16 &17. But I may be wrong
I dont think so either. Just had a buddy that had an early 18’ that had the issue, and when he took it to the dealership his vin qualified. Prob manufactured in late 17’ as an 18’ like Automobiles

N

NightwolfP1000

Feb 27, 2024
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2016 org clutch but updated. Chick's still dig it!
MFR date on mine puts it mid 2018 07/18
I dont think so either. Just had a buddy that had an early 18’ that had the issue, and when he took it to the dealership his vin qualified. Prob manufactured in late 17’ as an 18’ like Automobiles
MFG date (07/18) puts it mid year 2018 , so should be clear of that mess 🤞

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I run 85w-140 Mobil 1 synthetic in both front and rear differentials.

Reactions: TxDoc and Rayger143
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
U r being anal -

Drive it like ya stole it and enjoy it - do the recommended maintenance and it will be fine - whether u choose to buy amsroyallucas super lubricant or Honda oil - machine will be fine with either lube.

1900 miles is nothing for the gear set - I would expect there to be wear metal in there

have fun

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!