TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Why is everyone putting whips on these?
Just to be cool. I dont have them. I've not added anything that didn't have a function or a purpose. But I've found out some of the whips work with signal lights, so I'm thinking of adding them now since they would have a purpose. Also that would make me cool too.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just to be cool. I dont have them. I've not added anything that didn't have a function or a purpose. But I've found out some of the whips work with signal lights, so I'm thinking of adding them now since they would have a purpose. Also that would make me cool too.
I thought they were stupid until I was on a group ride at night, it was a little dusty so every body was staying spaced out, I could see all the turns that the group made, that's when I got mine.

advertisement
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like Smitty335, riding in dusty conditions, at night in woods, is someone's stopped, you can see thru the bushes around the corner.

I got a Buggy Whips white model rated at 17,000 lumens. I'm street legal in Texas and it adds some safety visibility from the rear from drunks and impaired drivers.

In the late 80s, I got rear ended on a sunny day. I was sitting at a stop light and he was going over 45 mph. Totalled my car. Decided to never repeat that again.

For me, it's worth the peace of mind.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like Smitty335, riding in dusty conditions, at night in woods, is someone's stopped, you can see thru the bushes around the corner.

I got a Buggy Whips white model rated at 17,000 lumens. I'm street legal in Texas and it adds some safety visibility from the rear from drunks and impaired drivers.

In the late 80s, I got rear ended on a sunny day. I was sitting at a stop light and he was going over 45 mph. Totalled my car. Decided to never repeat that again.

For me, it's worth the peace of mind.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I get what your saying but I also believe in the situation you experienced it still wouldn’t of helped.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought the same thing about rock lights.why is everyone putting rock lights on there sxs , Thats stupid.......... couple of weeks ago i put rock lights on. Why not ?

20201121 184133

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I like 'em - Ooooooo, lookit all the pritty lights. 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍

But I also see them as a never ending maintenance hassle, too many places for wires to break, so I'm passing for now.

mj1angier

mj1angier

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2020
NC
Like a lot of things done to SXS, not everyone needs/ wants them. But some want every bolt on that they see. Kind of like AR15 mods. Some crap hung on them is just there for the cool factor.

I can see where a lot of thing work where the SXS is being used- a lot of the ice fishing stuff is need where you ice fish, but in NC I have never seen ice tick enough to walk often let alone thick enough to drive on. Rock crawling mods are something I will not need. Not going to racing sand dunes either. I could mud bog, but I would rather not,lol.

So just because you see someone do a mod, does not mean you need it too, lol

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Are there flexible whip lights so the trees don't break them in tight woods riding? Or would they swing wildly out of control when riding? How far can a rigidly mounted light bend when snagged?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Are there flexible whip lights so the trees don't break them in tight woods riding? Or would they swing wildly out of control when riding? How far can a rigidly mounted light bend when snagged?
During the day time, faster riding I tuck them under the roof, no flopping or banging, night just untuck them, slower riding.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!