highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I'm not a big fan of lighted whips. We ride tight, woods trails 99% of the time and they'd get ripped off anyway. That's the main reason I've not put a light bar in my Talon, besides the fact that we never ride trails at night. We get enough miles in during the day and rest at night. Our group tends to ride at a faster pace so we limit the crap we have to carry that's unnecessary or will break and cause more problems. We aren't there for a parade :p...we're there for a lap!!

If you like night parades then that's cool for you. That's not what we're into. Although I can see the safety factor of the lighted whips for that activity.

People ride for different reasons. We ride like we're racing for the challenge.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Like these little guys

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2 reasons, 1- safety, 2- easy to follow at night in the woods, and 3 they are cool, the kids love them.

Yep... if you do a lot of night rides you’ll end up getting them.
i also love how someone ask why people are using them and half the responses are self justification as to why they don’t ... ok move along nothing to see

advertisement
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are there flexible whip lights so the trees don't break them in tight woods riding? Or would they swing wildly out of control when riding? How far can a rigidly mounted light bend when snagged?
i have had several pairs and the first were really flexible and I ended up not liking them since they banged against everything. Next I bought a 4’ pair and they were slightly too tall and limbs would drop off the back roof and smack them. 3’ ones have been perfect.

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
i have had several pairs and the first were really flexible and I ended up not liking them since they banged against everything. Next I bought a 4’ pair and they were slightly too tall and limbs would drop off the back roof and smack them. 3’ ones have been perfect.
At one time you and I had the same whips, fx extreme 5v, and we both had lots of problems. My son had the same brand and they lasted about 8 months. Recently bought another set from @Adam490 they seem pretty rugged so far. Same size and mounted behind the cab for protection. But the quick release base and just overall construction is better.

Last edited:
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I didn't care for light whips until my first night ride with a group. The folks that had them were divided from front to back. Probably 20 rigs in all and maybe 5 with whips. Guy at the front could look back and count whips until he seen the tailgunner to be sure the group hadn't gotten seperated. So while they are just bling for some folks, they actually come in handy on night rides. Plus the grandkids love them and think Pawpaw's ride is pretty cool lol

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At one time you and I had the same whips, fx extreme 5v, and we both had lots of problems. My son had the same brand and they lasted about 8 months.
I still have them... the 3’ versions. The 4’ kept breaking ... they kept replacing them but finally I had enough to and just got them cut to 3’ on one of my replacement trips and the three have worked ever since ... unless iam round @Adam490 .. then mine freak out. Lol.

Reactions: Mudwing and YardDog
R

rickoshea

Yep... if you do a lot of night rides you’ll end up getting them.
i also love how someone ask why people are using them and half the responses are self justification as to why they don’t ... ok move along nothing to see
no,he asked why everyone was using them.everyone aren't.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!