Ok new to utv/sxs world

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
one of the last evening rides I done, ended with me on the side trail. with my shirt off trying to stop the bleeding on my wife's face, after I didn't see the log hanging out.so I mounted lights next to windshield, Pointed to the side of trails.will it help maybe not but it made her feel better the rock lights I done just because I think there cool. Whip probably coming over this winter.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
You nonconformist you ....
A true rebel

Hopefully this doesn't trigger anyone

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I still have them... the 3’ versions. The 4’ kept breaking ... they kept replacing them but finally I had enough to and just got them cut to 3’ on one of my replacement trips and the three have worked ever since ... unless iam round @Adam490 .. then mine freak out. Lol.
Still have no idea what was up with that. Crazy

2021ArthurGuinnessX4LV

2021ArthurGuinnessX4LV

Nov 15, 2020
Riverside, Ca
Ownership

1. Talon X4
In California the whips (lighted or not) are required is some of the OHV riding areas. They are required to be at least 8ft from the ground to the top of the whip. The purpose has always been (even before SxS were a thing / quad atc dirt bike) advanced visibility alert to anyone on the other side of a ridge (example the ridge of a sand dune as your transitioning from one side to the other). Growing up I didn’t have a lighted whip for my quad, but now I do for my side by side. Easier to see at night when group riding and kicking up dust ... way cheaper than adding those expensive chase lights.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
In California the whips (lighted or not) are required is some of the OHV riding areas. They are required to be at least 8ft from the ground to the top of the whip. The purpose has always been (even before SxS were a thing / quad atc dirt bike) advanced visibility alert to anyone on the other side of a ridge (example the ridge of a sand dune as your transitioning from one side to the other). Growing up I didn’t have a lighted whip for my quad, but now I do for my side by side. Easier to see at night when group riding and kicking up dust ... way cheaper than adding those expensive chase lights.
And who want's to eat dust?

H

heightstonian713

Aug 16, 2021
Houston
Ownership

1. 500
Like Smitty335, riding in dusty conditions, at night in woods, is someone's stopped, you can see thru the bushes around the corner.

I got a Buggy Whips white model rated at 17,000 lumens. I'm street legal in Texas and it adds some safety visibility from the rear from drunks and impaired drivers.

In the late 80s, I got rear ended on a sunny day. I was sitting at a stop light and he was going over 45 mph. Totalled my car. Decided to never repeat that again.

For me, it's worth the peace of mind.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Hey TxDoc - How did you get your pioneer street legal? Any references you can cite or guidance on how to go about doing this? Looking to do the same for my neighborhood in Houston.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!