• Thread starter 2021LiveValve250R
  • Start date
2021LiveValve250R

2021LiveValve250R

Nov 17, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Got back yesterday from a great weekend at Wildcat Offroad and found my stock passenger 4th link with a slight bend that is making my tire track off a bit. I've been super happy my ORB radius rods and lower front a-arms so I went to order the 4th link today but when I asked if they have mounts for the brake lines I was told "No, you have to use zip ties". I'm a little hesitant now, especially considering sections of the line are rigid tubing rather than hose. Anyone with ORB 4th link? What did you do to secure the brake line?

20210528 121826

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
That is interesting. I was riding at Black Mountain at the end of last year and I think I have the same issue with one of my lower A-Arms. Its the front right, and of course mine tracks to the right slightly. I like ORB stuff, I had a set of their side bars on my RZR. I will probably replace the front A-Arms with ORB or SuperATV. I just need to do some research. I have L&W fab radius rod arms in the back. The hem joints seem to wear out pretty quickly. I've replace 6 of them so far.
I've ridden Wildcat once. Not a huge fan of it compared to TRWA or HMT trails. But it's close, especially if you live in southern OH.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
That's just a baby bend........

20210306 181014

I replaced mine with JSport arms. Theirs have provisions for the hard line welded on but I decided to zip tie them to the arms instead of taking apart the lines to mount them correctly. I've had zero issues. Yes, I'm lazy!

20210311 201326

2021LiveValve250R

2021LiveValve250R

Nov 17, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
That is interesting. I was riding at Black Mountain at the end of last year and I think I have the same issue with one of my lower A-Arms. Its the front right, and of course mine tracks to the right slightly. I like ORB stuff, I had a set of their side bars on my RZR. I will probably replace the front A-Arms with ORB or SuperATV. I just need to do some research. I have L&W fab radius rod arms in the back. The hem joints seem to wear out pretty quickly. I've replace 6 of them so far.
I've ridden Wildcat once. Not a huge fan of it compared to TRWA or HMT trails. But it's close, especially if you live in southern OH.
I enjoyed it, it was my 1st time and I had a pretty large group behind me most to the time of all experiences so I tailored to the least experienced as best I could. I would like to go back some time to do more exploring, as I saw quite a few trails that perked my interest but would not of went well for others.

It was a 5.5hr drive for me as I'm in NE Ohio, I've also rode Rush a couple times and enjoy it as well, never rode TN trails but am leaving for Brimstone next Wednesday!

2021LiveValve250R

2021LiveValve250R

Nov 17, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
That's just a baby bend........

View attachment 275435

I replaced mine with JSport arms. Theirs have provisions for the hard line welded on but I decided to zip tie them to the arms instead of taking apart the lines to mount them correctly. I've had zero issues. Yes, I'm lazy!

View attachment 275436
I agree mine is not that bad but, it is bent and now I have an excuse to upgrade! Plus I have some movement in the knuckle mount bushing. I understand how they could bend they way yours did, however I'm surprised with the gusset location that mine bend inward.

Glad to hear the zip tie method is working so far as I may go that route or just order the ORB arms raw and weld on mounts myself. I like the JSport ones however can't see justifying over $300 more for them vs ORB.

2021LiveValve250R

2021LiveValve250R

Nov 17, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Without seeing a picture I can guess why their arms are less money. They are probably non-adjustable. The JSport rear upper arms have high quality heims and can be adjusted to account for tweaked frame mounts.
This is why I went with ORB over L&W for my rear radius rods the ORB are adjustable and use quality heims as well. Also ORB's 4th link are adjustable at both frame mounts. Not sure why they don't have a picture of them on their website but I did call to verify and found pictures elsewhere.

To be clear I do NOT race, just like to get rowdy on the trails every now and then and am quickly finding out how weak the factory suspension components are. I've replaced my radius rods and lower front a-arms do to being bent so far, apparently next is the 4th links.

Snag 3f02ac06

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Got back yesterday from a great weekend at Wildcat Offroad and found my stock passenger 4th link with a slight bend that is making my tire track off a bit. I've been super happy my ORB radius rods and lower front a-arms so I went to order the 4th link today but when I asked if they have mounts for the brake lines I was told "No, you have to use zip ties". I'm a little hesitant now, especially considering sections of the line are rigid tubing rather than hose. Anyone with ORB 4th link? What did you do to secure the brake line?

View attachment 275397View attachment 275399
Love that spot you tucked your Talon into there....😎

2021LiveValve250R

2021LiveValve250R

Nov 17, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Love that spot you tucked your Talon into there....😎
Ha thanks! We were actually there do to rain and that spot looked like a perfect "garage" while we waited out the rain. Once it was there I realized it was a solid photo opportunity!

P.S. I tried to edit some of the unfortunate vandalism out of the picture up above

20210528 1219171

Reactions: CID and sandbaja

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!