P1000 order of operations...

bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So today I’ve quarantined (haha) myself in the garage to tackle some mods on the buggy. In september I put SATV flip windshield/roof/back on. I’ve had a lightbar sitting in a box for a few months until taking plunge on dual battery. Also adding Boss soundbar, PBR switch plate and SATV hard doors.

So first things last (literally) I had to take roof and back off to mount soundbar. As seen in pictures the mounts are a bit different but I went with that style for a nice “flush” look with roof and back. Unfortunately this doesn’t work with the middle rear roof mount. However I think I will luck out and be able to secure middle position of roof directly to soundbar. Fingers crossed....

Next I started on dual battery - shoutout to @RobSparre for the confidence boosting vid) but immediately realized it wouldn’t be as easy as just copying his setup. Winch already installed from dealer, different real estate layout, different parts, etc. So as of now I’m pretty certain of how things will lay, just had to research winch wiring since moving it to aux battery was a major reason for doing this project.

Should be able to wrap wiring up tomorrow and install light bar. Planning on putting that on lower section of windshield unless someone replies and talks me out of drilling holes in it.

Overall it would have been easier to do things in a little more logical order but I’ll chalk it up to getting more acquainted with the machine. I’m hesitant to put roof and back on before doors show up (Tuesday!) so i can loose fit entire cab setup first. Hey @SuperATV any recommendations on what order to install?

More to come...

C8AF2013 9D1F 444C B85E D0D685D4D20E F7A8A866 9587 432E 9F37 82F6C4B42C56 62A38C1A 17DD 42D1 A9C1 2231D01DB252 BCF8BA5C 8015 448A 9C36 4B81D36007CF 58B031C5 2CA4 40F3 B4D6 2F81FF1EC844

bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So today I’ve quarantined (haha) myself in the garage to tackle some mods on the buggy. In september I put SATV flip windshield/roof/back on. I’ve had a lightbar sitting in a box for a few months until taking plunge on dual battery. Also adding Boss soundbar, PBR switch plate and SATV hard doors.

So first things last (literally) I had to take roof and back off to mount soundbar. As seen in pictures the mounts are a bit different but I went with that style for a nice “flush” look with roof and back. Unfortunately this doesn’t work with the middle rear roof mount. However I think I will luck out and be able to secure middle position of roof directly to soundbar. Fingers crossed....

Next I started on dual battery - shoutout to @RobSparre for the confidence boosting vid) but immediately realized it wouldn’t be as easy as just copying his setup. Winch already installed from dealer, different real estate layout, different parts, etc. So as of now I’m pretty certain of how things will lay, just had to research winch wiring since moving it to aux battery was a major reason for doing this project.

Should be able to wrap wiring up tomorrow and install light bar. Planning on putting that on lower section of windshield unless someone replies and talks me out of drilling holes in it.

Overall it would have been easier to do things in a little more logical order but I’ll chalk it up to getting more acquainted with the machine. I’m hesitant to put roof and back on before doors show up (Tuesday!) so i can loose fit entire cab setup first. Hey @SuperATV any recommendations on what order to install?

More to come...

View attachment 242252 View attachment 242253 View attachment 242254 View attachment 242255 View attachment 242256
To clarify- in second picture I was using straps to hold soundbar (heavy!) and a longer bolt with washers to bring clamps in a little easier. The “nuts” ride in a little track, came with a spare so that’s what I’ll use for mid-rear roof mount. Also my machine is not near as clean as Rob’s...

Reactions: TimG and wrhii
H

HondaTech

BOSS audio soundbars are pita to install.

Their mounting system sucks.

Reactions: TimG
J

JAL

Nov 22, 2020
Medford, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 242256

Good to time to work on the rig!

I also had the factory winch. Ended up needing two extra long runs of cable from the aux battery to the winch relay. Here is a _physical_ diagram of the wiring:

Screen Shot 2020 12 15 at 23352 PM

RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

More to come...

View attachment 242252 View attachment 242253 View attachment 242254 View attachment 242255 View attachment 242256
Sweet - adapt, improvise - solve problems as you go - awesome!

Reactions: TimG
bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good to time to work on the rig!

I also had the factory winch. Ended up needing two extra long runs of cable from the aux battery to the winch relay. Here is a _physical_ diagram of the wiring:

View attachment 242264
Dude that’s exactly what I needed thanks!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So hope you got a good nights rest in the garage while quarantining there last night!

Looking good. Sometimes you just have to grab the bull by the horns to get things done.

Reactions: ChadD
bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So hope you got a good nights rest in the garage while quarantining there last night!

Looking good. Sometimes you just have to grab the bull by the horns to get things done.
It was a slow start this morning. Apparently you can drink just as much, if not more, at a virtual holiday party as you can at at a regular one...

bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So finished up loose fitting wires tonight and gave it a quick test (still have to wire up soundbar). 12v at both batteries and a nice bright light bar beaming. Speaking of light bar...

I could not bring myself to mount it to windshield. Beyond drilling holes in my nice windshield, it seemed too much weight sticking too far out to handle any hard jolts. Hard jolts are not uncommon for me, which is why I’m in my second subframe. Anyway I mounted it where it will still wont be obstructed by a raised snow plow. Looks a bit more factory anyway.

But as excited as I was about my successful wiring job thus far, it couldn’t compare to getting my doors delivered. So tomorrow is one last, long day of work for the year then time to button this project up and RIDE! I’m like a kid trying to sleep on Christmas Eve...

65606FB7 DA32 4A1F 8E80 E8554A25FD4F 98DEBE3E B6E9 4638 BE10 F7780F11195E

advertisement
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So finished up loose fitting wires tonight and gave it a quick test (still have to wire up soundbar). 12v at both batteries and a nice bright light bar beaming. Speaking of light bar...

I could not bring myself to mount it to windshield. Beyond drilling holes in my nice windshield, it seemed too much weight sticking too far out to handle any hard jolts. Hard jolts are not uncommon for me, which is why I’m in my second subframe. Anyway I mounted it where it will still wont be obstructed by a raised snow plow. Looks a bit more factory anyway.

But as excited as I was about my successful wiring job thus far, it couldn’t compare to getting my doors delivered. So tomorrow is one last, long day of work for the year then time to button this project up and RIDE! I’m like a kid trying to sleep on Christmas Eve...

View attachment 242611 View attachment 242612
I know exactly how you feel and I still have a long list to do.

Reactions: RobSparre
RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 242611 View attachment 242612
Nice - Can’t wait to see the doors! I haven’t decided on which doors yet so looking for your feedback on these.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Hell yeah buddy! Looking good! Its probably a little easier to do with the roof off, but I doubt it'll give you much trouble. Probably just a little more wiggle room for your hands to get around.

Reactions: Mudwing and ChadD
bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got doors on yesterday, got a few wires to hook up and should be done. I'll be posting pictures of everything once I get everything wrapped up. Way too cold outside today, next project should probably be getting gas ran to my garage and get some real heat in there. The list never ends...

Happy holidays Honda homies!

bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hell yeah buddy! Looking good! Its probably a little easier to do with the roof off, but I doubt it'll give you much trouble. Probably just a little more wiggle room for your hands to get around.
I'll speak more to it once I get everything complete, but yes, roof and back section pretty much have to be off to get these doors on.

Reactions: SuperATV
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got doors on yesterday, got a few wires to hook up and should be done. I'll be posting pictures of everything once I get everything wrapped up. Way too cold outside today, next project should probably be getting gas ran to my garage and get some real heat in there. The list never ends...

Happy holidays Honda homies!
I know exactly how you feel, installed the winch and new front bumper today, it warmed up to 19* from a low of 10* without heat in the shop.

bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
no way dude, back in 40’s by saturday. I’ll get back to it then.

bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got through all the holiday festivities and finished up the upgrades for this round. All went well with wiring, not the electrician-quality finish but good enough for who it’s for. Definitely could have went with a smaller fuse box.

Doors went on pretty easy, surprisingly quick adjustments to get them aligned and closing smooth. Couple spot where some extra hands would have come in handy. Also it was missing 6 M8 nylon nuts and the instructions. Fortunately I had the nuts I needed laying around and SATV has instructions on website. I used some thread lock on anything that wasn’t a nylon locknut. I also added weatherstrip to ROPS where door contacts, there was still a small gap even with weatherstrip that was on door.

I still have some spots to seal up, mainly behind the seat/under rear windshield and all the usual spots inherent to the flip windshield design. The doors came with several pieces of packing foam so I have plenty of material to carve up.

Taking it out for a cruise this afternoon so I’ll get a better idea of where I need to focus with the foam.

7C8776D1 B795 45C9 8D76 DB3E1B73592D B0CAF044 A1CD 4D36 A845 7A657656973F 88466197 338E 4AE4 AF77 C2DA179FE485 5B7B54CF 1F16 4E64 A467 BD1DEC59D723

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!