P1000 Outback max vs terminators also intimidators

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
maybe u can help me I have a question thats prob not normal. Im not big on bigger tires the reason why is because in the past with my 700 i regretted going up just one tire size due to performance. although I would like to raise or do a lift for ground clearance issues only maybe just a 1 or at the most 2 inch lift has anyone done that with stock tires? and next question is does a 1 or 2 inch lift change many of the angles to cause axle problems or weaknesses cause I ride hard and thats the last thing I would want?
yeah buddy. i ran a 2.5 inch highlifter lift kit for probably 100 miles with my stock tires. it did fine. handled the same, although its maybe a hair more tippy (basic physics) but other than that you wont notice any different. no i dont think the axles are on too harsh of a slope. i think it will be fine, but even if it isnt, take your lift off and warranty your axles. only takes about an hour to do the lift.

even if you break an axle in the middle of nowhere, limp mode on these hondas is still better than a rhino in go mode. you WILL get home with 3 axles no problem. this is coming from someone that understands what the middle of nowhere is further than a fifteen mile trail.

s*** even eureka isnt the middle of nowhere.

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not sure how much air I have in them as my gauge shows 10lbs at its lowest and these done register. I bought 28's and they measure 27.5" on the machine with a level across the top of he tires. Sorry for the delay.
@nbomar did you grow to dislike the intimidators? I'm now going with front forward arms and Been wanting the 30s for well over a year, but can get the black waters bout 300 less. No rocks to ride, just mud,sand and wooded trails

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
is anyone worried about power loss with bigger tires. reason I ask is because I had stock tires on my ranger 700 then put I think one size bigger maybe 2 and it killed it a lot. I know I pioneers have a lot more power so maybe not as big of a deal. thoughts and honest experiences from people that have upgraded please.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@nbomar did you grow to dislike the intimidators? I'm now going with front forward arms and Been wanting the 30s for well over a year, but can get the black waters bout 300 less. No rocks to ride, just mud,sand and wooded trails

I think they would do great in those conditions. I wasn't impressed in rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: joeymt33 and chadbo
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jan 20, 2016 started thread and I finally got tires

IMG 0960 IMG 0961 IMG 0962

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@nbomar did the intimidators on a wide offset rim and rubbed just a little on hard turns compressed

Correct. It would scrub decent when you hit a big bump while turning. Not enough I tore anything up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!