500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
my p500 is at my dealer right now getting the outer cv boot replaced. They tell me that they have to replace the inner cv boot when they do the outer. I just watched cpt Ovo's video and it looks like you don't have too. Does any one know what the service manual says? Any help would be appreciated.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
my p500 is at my dealer right now getting the outer cv boot replaced. They tell me that they have to replace the inner cv boot when they do the outer. I just watched cpt Ovo's video and it looks like you don't have too. Does any one know what the service manual says? Any help would be appreciated.
My service manual states to replace these components as an assembly which to me seem they should both be done and the direction for replacement show both inner and outer being replaced.

Reactions: 500oneer
J

Jackg

Jul 28, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
In order to replace the outer boot you have to disassemble the inner joint. the outer joint is not to be disassembled per the factory service manual.

Reactions: 500oneer
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
This is the same with most CV axles regardless of brand.....even automotive applications. I just did the outer on my daughter's Yamaha Kodiak, had to pull inner apart to do it.

L

longbeard71

Jun 18, 2018
tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
You do not have to replace both. You can remove either end from the axle and replace only the boot that needs changed.

Reactions: Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!