BOX1

P500 Overheating Problem solved

Satellite

Satellite

Dec 25, 2022
Ky
Ownership

1. 500
I’m having trouble with overheating on my 2016 p500 go a ride about 5 miles or so it overheats my over flow tank is about 3/4 full i can pour it back in get the nose end up and rib it up a few times temp goes back to normal good for another few miles. Things I’ve done so far new radiator cap , thermostat, water pump, temperature sensor and pressurized the head no leaks , flush the radiator and block check all hoses blockages all clean. Any help with this would be highly appreciate.Here a little more background on this p500 trade for this it was in bad shape when I got he was non running had a heater in it before I got it this was a winter project for me removed roll bars painted the frame roll bar back in January had a bad accident working on it a chair I was using broke and cut my finger off from my first knuckle broke bone in three places 2 hour surgery truck lot stitches they was able to save my finger. around mid February before I could start working some on it again clean wash flush everything on this machine this is all the stuff I’ve done to this to get it running new stator pickup coil , gear position sensor, angle sensor, o2 sensor , rear axle seals , this machine runs like a champ and uses no oil Thank you all for helping me try to figure this thanks again

Last edited:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Did you bleed the air out? Also are the radiator fins clean? Only time I had overheating was a mud caked radiator. Best of luck.
5D4DBCE7 9CDB 46EB 908C F9AAE5B6CDCA

Last edited:
Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa.
Post up some pics of your ride.
Here is a good thread about testing the fan circuit
And if you use the search bar at the top
500 overheating
many threads to help you.
Have a good day

Satellite

Satellite

Dec 25, 2022
Ky
Ownership

1. 500
Did you bleed the air out? Also are the radiator fins clean? Only time I had overheating was a mud caked radiator. Best of luck.
View attachment 380765
I burp the system put in up high in the air push coolant in the over flow then the radiator goes cool burp it again and goes a few more miles and does it again thx for the quick response

Satellite

Satellite

Dec 25, 2022
Ky
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa.
Post up some pics of your ride.
Here is a good thread about testing the fan circuit
And if you use the search bar at the top
500 overheating
many threads to help you.
Have a good day
Hook fan up straight still over burp the system to still does it thx for the quick reply

Parttime

Parttime

Feb 24, 2021
West Monroe La
Ownership

1. 500
I’m also going to go with the radiator fins are blocked. For being a 2016 and mileage is unknown to us the reader. Muddobers will build a nest anywhere. Spray the front radiator with simple green or mean green or purple power. Let it soak a hour spray it again. Let soak again. Then rinse it off real good.

Satellite

Satellite

Dec 25, 2022
Ky
Ownership

1. 500
I’m also going to go with the radiator fins are blocked. For being a 2016 and mileage is unknown to us the reader. Muddobers will build a nest anywhere. Spray the front radiator with simple green or mean green or purple power. Let it soak a hour spray it again. Let soak again. Then rinse it off real good.
Thanks for the reply it’s all clear got me stump what going on

Satellite

Satellite

Dec 25, 2022
Ky
Ownership

1. 500
Need pics of radiator specifically and machine -
I’m having trouble with overheating on my 2016 p500 go a ride about 5 miles or so it overheats my over flow tank is about 3/4 full i can pour it back in get the nose end up and rib it up a few times temp goes back to normal good for another few miles. Things I’ve done so far new radiator cap , thermostat, water pump, temperature sensor and pressurized the head no leaks , flush the radiator and block check all hoses blockages all clean. Any help with this would be highly appreciate

37E410AF 9AC6 44C6 8E3E 0F462CEF4BCE 582E42EA 1CDE 44C9 A407 DED3A4D81765

Satellite

Satellite

Dec 25, 2022
Ky
Ownership

1. 500
And your 100% sure on that?
used a pressure washer on it?
weve seen this many times, comes down to a full or partial plug in spots that couldnt be easily reached.
It’s clean
thanks for posting pics but a closeup of radiator fins is more helpful - i am not convinced

-fan comes on?
-fan is blowing towards cab?
-you do see the coolant circulating with cap off?
I’ll get some pictures this evening

Satellite

Satellite

Dec 25, 2022
Ky
Ownership

1. 500
thanks for posting pics but a closeup of radiator fins is more helpful - i am not convinced

-fan comes on?
-fan is blowing towards cab?
-you do see the coolant circulating with cap off?

464A749E 37A5 40F4 99DD B97F38125C06 050E1795 B1FC 44CF 83A5 E7A56FB2416C E0586590 F87F 43E3 B76A 63D23AC58111

Reactions: FJC 79
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
did a heater get installed at some point?

agree with air - had a bunch of rzrs I put heaters in, had those front ends jacked up as high as reasonable, radiator cap off, get hot so tstat opens and fan cycles - let sit overnight, rinse and repeat - damn bleeder screw was almost impossible to get to

could see air bubbles coming to radiator fill every time until all air out

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Air in the system.

I agree air is the issue..keep burping it slowly and it will resolve.
This ^^^^^

A cooling system isn't that complicated. If your radiator is clean, the fan is turning in the correct direction, the thermostat & wp are functioning correctly, well that's it. You say it's circulating so you don't have a hose or pipe that's collapsed. There's really nothing else. Have you tried to bleed the system at the bleed screw, #3 in the diagram that @Mudder posted?

A blown head gasket can cause pressure in the system and overcome the rad cap to push the coolant into the overflow but this usually happens before the engine temp gets hot.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!