P500 Shifting problem

D

DeanD1968

Jan 31, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone please help !! Changed the shift motor and the shift angle sensor and it still won't shift manually. I have used the tool and shifted it also disconnected the battery, still won't shift. Any ideas what else I can do....

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Anyone please help !! Changed the shift motor and the shift angle sensor and it still won't shift manually. I have used the tool and shifted it also disconnected the battery, still won't shift. Any ideas what else I can do....
My buddy had this problem and it was the little switch in the steering column that the shift paddle pushes when he used the paddles. Take the plastic off from around the steering column and you can get to the switches that way. He ordered new switches and it fixed the problem. I think he said they come in sets of 2. He keeps spares in his toolbox now. Not sure if the Hondasxs store has them or not. Even if that ends up not being the problem it would be good to have a few spares anyway. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
My buddy had this problem and it was the little switch in the steering column that the shift paddle pushes when he used the paddles. Take the plastic off from around the steering column and you can get to the switches that way. He ordered new switches and it fixed the problem. I think he said they come in sets of 2. He keeps spares in his toolbox now. Not sure if the Hondasxs store has them or not. Even if that ends up not being the problem it would be good to have a few spares anyway. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!
I believe those switches are technically called micro switches. That's what I read somewhere at anyrate.

Reactions: Bastardchild
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Heres an exploded view from partsfish. I'm pretty sure its the parts labeled #1. I guess its a little harness with the 2 switches already attached. I guess thats why my buddy said they sell them in pairs.

Screenshot 20210701 093321 Samsung Internet

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!