P500 down shifting

D

dougbo44

Oct 16, 2021
South Jersey
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 2021 Pioneer 500 with no modifications. The manual shifting mode down shifts without my paddle input when slowing down. I understand this is by design (2017? - up). Does anyone have a "fix" to eliminate this auto downshift? I prefer to do my own shifting when in manual mode.

Reactions: Mudder and TxDoc
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
not that I have seen - the machine is designed to protect the clutches.and engine - not sure going up a hill in 5th gear would be ideal

Can you kindly post pics of your hot rod machine?

G

GreatNorth

May 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 520
Biggest issue I had with downshifting was going down hill around corners on loose material. I've found the solution is to beat it to it by a bit, shifting down before it would auto shift down so I can manage the throttle to keep things smooth,

Reactions: futzin

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!