P500 Shifting issue

J

Jessedude13

Nov 28, 2021
Quebec Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Hi all
Ive had my p500 for about 6 months now its a 2013. I recently ran into some isues since using it more. After using it for a couple.of hours today I fel it having issues shifting gears up. It then did not let me shift into neutral or drive from reverse. If i leave it shut off for a couple of hours and restart it , itll work for a bit then give me the same issue. Its now parked and i cant even shift into reverse, neutral or drive. The neur sign in the dash just flashes. Has this happened to anyone ? Any ideas where to start ?

Dave75

Dave75

Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
Try adjusting the clutch. There's Youtube videos showing how to do it. You can also manually shift it with the tool under the drivers seat.
Trigger is right about the Youtube videos. I have been watching them, it’s time to adjust my clutch on the p520.
Just waiting for warmer weather, there was snow today in central Wisconsin.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome @Jessedude13 . ^^^truth in all of the above^^^, first easy checks for shifting issues is oil level, battery (voltage & tight terminal nuts and main frame ground) and the clutch adjustment.
Have done several adjustments since 2017 as needed, if you turn the adjustment screw too far it will actually cut out (engine retard feature) - thinking my last was 1/3 turn after baseline counter clockwise turn to slight resistance. May take some turn-and-test drive cycles. Here are two videos.

Last edited:
Dave75

Dave75

Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
Just did the clutch adjustment and it shifts a lot better.

9C5A87BF 8D12 49D8 AB16 393625F232BB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!