William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I have never cleaned my radiator before today on my p500. Hit the trails and the temp gauge was getting up to 4 bars. I had to stop and squirt cold water bottles on the radiator. That brought the temp down immediately. The fan wasn't pulling any air through the radiator due to mud clogging it. Got it home and removed the fan and sprayed some strong cleaner/degreaser on the radiator and let it sit. Sprayed out tons of sand and mud. I then tried to make it get hot again and the fan would never come on and the temp stays at two bars like when it was new. It is simple to take the fan loose and I am going to start doing it more often!

advertisement
D

Deleted member 3748

A lot of people have this same problem even after they clean their radiator. It's because they didn't clean it enough. You cleaned it right and got it the first time. Thanks for posting this.

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The manual said mine didn't overheat. The coolant light didn't come on. It was in normal operating temps...

IMG 7981

Last edited:
illinoisdave

illinoisdave

Feb 8, 2016
southern illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
if you are going to ride in a lot of conditions to get mud in the radiator you may want to look at relocating to keep mud out of the fins.

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
if you are going to ride in a lot of conditions to get mud in the radiator you may want to look at relocating to keep mud out of the fins.
Nah... I haven't cleaned it since I got it in 2014... I'd rather clean it every now and then and not have it on my hood or cage.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!