Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Could have used this at Takeover for overheating. LOL. On sale today.

9B250FA1 D48C 4442 B823 7FEBE8B16F8A

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We stopped a couple times to use the creeks for washouts. I WILL have a system next year.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
We had several machines that way. Thanks to @trigger for the water. Pin hole in plastic water bottle worked in a pinch. Ordered the pump for a try out, will post a review.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Could have used this at Takeover for overheating. LOL. On sale today.

View attachment 72959
It would be neat to have a water reservoir somewhere on the sxs and a 12v pump plumbed to it. Then have a pvc or metal pipe mounted horizontally in front of the radiator at the top with holes drilled in the pipe from one end to the other. Flip a switch on the dash and the pump sucks water out of the reservoir and sends it to the pipe over the radiator and it shoots out of all the holes you drilled in the pipe and sprays on the radiator fins, cooling it down. One draw back to this is you wouldnt be able to help someone else that needs theirs sprayed, or you wouldnt be able to wash other things off on the trail. You could probably get creative and have a valve that you can turn to keep the water from going to the radiator and divert it to a spiggot where you could have a quick connect hose fitting and hook a hose up and spray someone elses radiator or your windshield or something. I was thinking of this at the Takeover when @knuckledeep had to use his livewell/bilge pump set up to cool mine down a few times.

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It would be neat to have a water reservoir somewhere on the sxs and a 12v pump plumbed to it. Then have a pvc or metal pipe mounted horizontally in front of the radiator at the top with holes drilled in the pipe from one end to the other. Flip a switch on the dash and the pump sucks water out of the reservoir and sends it to the pipe over the radiator and it shoots out of all the holes you drilled in the pipe and sprays on the radiator fins, cooling it down. One draw back to this is you wouldnt be able to help someone else that needs theirs sprayed, or you wouldnt be able to wash other things off on the trail. You could probably get creative and have a valve that you can turn to keep the water from going to the radiator and divert it to a spiggot where you could have a quick connect hose fitting and hook a hose up and spray someone elses radiator or your windshield or something. I was thinking of this at the Takeover when @knuckledeep had to use his livewell/bilge pump set up to cool mine down a few times.

can't go wrong with a bilge pump and a few gallons of water

Reactions: Bastardchild
tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
26216E1D EB37 42DB B81E 3A07C742D1F4
I carry one of these. A little pricey new but works great. Got mine from my dad. He had it since I was a kid.

Reactions: Bastardchild
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 76638 I carry one of these. A little pricey new but works great. Got mine from my dad. He had it since I was a kid.

You can find them at yard sales for $10. I prefer the old ring neck type. I put a air valve in the lid and replace the fire hose with a hose and spray nozzle. The big neck is easier to fill and clean. I use them for all kinds of things.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!