Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That was kinda the point of my hysterical laughter on phone. Im sure she felt fairly insulted.
Not sure on Takeover schedule. Wifey is coming and not sure what kinda timeframe we are looking at. Looking forward to seeing you as well. Takeover is always a whirlwind for me as far as riding goes. I turn into biggest whore you ever seen lol. I friggin ride with anybody that comes along.
Well I'm your B***, HA!

Reactions: TimG
RickPerrin3

RickPerrin3

Dec 20, 2018
Miami
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi guys. New to the page. ive got a 17' 1000-5 and im dying to put some 29-30"s on it. i only run about 7-8 psi for a smoother ride. i know the overall diameter will be smaller. but this heavy powerful bike on 27"s... honda dropped the ball on the tire size to bike ratio there. a dream would be 4" portals and 32"s. Ive got a turbo rzr to go fast so i just want the honda to be my sleeper for the wet season.

Reactions: TimG
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Hi guys. New to the page. ive got a 17' 1000-5 and im dying to put some 29-30"s on it. i only run about 7-8 psi for a smoother ride. i know the overall diameter will be smaller. but this heavy powerful bike on 27"s... honda dropped the ball on the tire size to bike ratio there. a dream would be 4" portals and 32"s. Ive got a turbo rzr to go fast so i just want the honda to be my sleeper for the wet season.

Welcome to Honda reliability. Yes the 27's look tiny on the 1000. There is a lot of info on this site about different tires and sizes. I run 29 inch Big Horns on a stock 1000-3 with no problems at all. 29x14x9 fronts, 29x14x11 rears on STI 5+2 offset wheels. These are on my sxs in my avatar pic. Apparently tire manufacturers vary a lot in over all height so just keep an eye open for that. An example would be one tire manufacturers 30 inch tire may actually measure 28.5 inches and another may measure 30.5 inches.

Reactions: JTW and dnjones161

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!