BOX1

P1000 P-1000 DTC Code 52, but Neutral indication works???

F

Fseybert

Jan 5, 2019
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello,

I have a 2018 P-1000. Had an intermittent limp mode, now seems to be stuck there. DTC 52 code. Checked and have continuity from the PCM connector to the Neutral switch end of cable. Also, have the green LED showing Nuetral, Red for Reverse etc., but have the 52 code set and in limp mode. Ordered a Neutral switch, but concerned that is not the issue due to the LED working. Any insight?

Thanks,

Fred

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello,

I have a 2018 P-1000. Had an intermittent limp mode, now seems to be stuck there. DTC 52 code. Checked and have continuity from the PCM connector to the Neutral switch end of cable. Also, have the green LED showing Nuetral, Red for Reverse etc., but have the 52 code set and in limp mode. Ordered a Neutral switch, but concerned that is not the issue due to the LED working. Any insight?

Thanks,

Fred
@HondaTech

Reactions: Isaiah
H

HondaTech

Does it show every other gear? P,R,D,L

When its showing neutral can it rolled like it's actually in neutral?

If you erase the code does it come back?

F

Fseybert

Jan 5, 2019
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Disregard, it appears that the Neutral Switch, is not an actual indication of Neutral, but Park???? Shorted the connector, then Key On, display shows Park. Re-connect it, and cycle Key Off/Key On, no Park indication. Like I said, part on order, we'll see what it does when it shows up.

Honda Tech, yes, Display shows Neutral LED, Reverse LED, indicated High or Low, near the bottom. However, the actual Gear Selected portion just shows the flashing dash when Key On, Engine Off, and shows a flashing 1 when running. Stays in First gear.

Seems likely just the switch, crossing fingers anyway....

Thanks,

Fred

Reactions: TripleB
H

HondaTech

The neutral switch should indicate neutral, the "TR" sensor in the sub trans indicates the other gears. If you short the one wire (light green/red) wire to ground the neutral light should illuminate.

Park is indicated by the TR sensor I mentioned.

F

Fseybert

Jan 5, 2019
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have no indication of Park. I shorted the Neutral Switch, and got Park indication. This is going to the Blue wire at the A31 pin on PCM 33P. Shorted the single connector, similar to a spark plug connection, to the case and went Key On. Park indicated, no DTC flashes. Not getting the Park indication is what is sending it into limp mode, as far as I can tell.

H

HondaTech

So I was off on the wire color, which is weird Honda always uses LG/R for neutral.

The neutral wire is blue, but should not indicate park, it should only turn the green light on, the gear indicator is controlled by the sub trans gear postion sensor. Neutral for the gear indicator is indicated by the sub trans sensor and the green light is controlled by the blue wire single plug.

When in neutral, check for ground on the sensor itself. It should be grounded then and loose it in any other gear.

If the switch shows ok, you may have a ECM issue.

Disregard the TR sensor I mentioned that what indicates 1st-6th gear.

Reactions: Smitty335
F

Fseybert

Jan 5, 2019
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah, hence my questions about this. It appears to be working just fine, as a Park indication. I'll get the new switch and see what happens. The buggy was running just fine until this happened. It gave us this issue a couple of months ago, but only happened once, shut it down and restarted and all was well. Very cold and muddy that day. Figured mud/rock etc. may have gotten caught in the shift mechanism and it didn't quite engage. Hadn't happened since. Now locked out, as in, non functional switch. Limp mode only. Verified the neutral, reverse lights, as well as the High and Low indication below the gear selected box. Just no Park indication unless I ground this cable....

F

Fseybert

Jan 5, 2019
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I always hate finding threads I need info from, then not having a resolution, so here we go. Received and installed the new Neutral switch last night. Key on, actually indicated DCT in PARK. Test ran, no issues, problem resolved! Thanks.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I always hate finding threads I need info from, then not having a resolution, so here we go. Received and installed the new Neutral switch last night. Key on, actually indicated DCT in PARK. Test ran, no issues, problem resolved! Thanks.
Good deal

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!