P-2 vs. P-4

Gwishy

Gwishy

Oct 9, 2013
Peru, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
OK guys, need some advice... So my deposit is down on a P-2 and the wife gave me the green light for a P-4 today out of the blue. She said it's for the "family" which consists of a 4 year old boy and a 6 year old girl who both love riding. My primary purpose for the unit is for hunting and use around the property.... My problem is I have a hard time justifying the extra $1700 for the P-4 and personally I don't care for the aesthetics of the roll cage although I love the 4 seat option!! What to do? Anybody out have any buyers remorse after getting a P-2?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
If you have 2 kids.... You will wish you had the p4 in a few years.... I mean a few days.

Ya it's a different look. But the p4 will grow on you. To justify the extra $... Remember It will be a great resell factor vs the p2p.

What you going to do when your kids want to go riding with you? Family outing will justify the extra money with a few trips.

Get the p4. You have your wife's approval. What else you need. Lol

J

Jaykup20

Oct 8, 2013
I have two young kids myself.... I'm not even considering a P2 the time spent with my family easily outweighs any negatives.

RacerX400600

RacerX400600

Jun 22, 2013
4p for sure. In my opinion the 4p rides better and if you don't like the looks of the cage maybe see what you think of the looks with the roof. I think it makes it look way better.

P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
I had a Yamaha Rhino, we bought it new in 04 (the first year they were released) and it was a good machine the whole time we owned it. When we bought it we didn't have a lot of options in the side by side market (and my wife was pregnant with our daughter) but we thought we could make due with two seats. We did make due I added a seat in the rear as our daughter got older and could not sit in my wife's lap any longer, but after one ride we just felt it was too unsafe (and it was) so we ended up just parking it for family use (family trail ride adventures), I would still hunt with it but all three of us couldn't go so it ended up sitting so long between uses the battery would go dead. Then I decided to just sell it, but my wife and I hated the idea of not having something to ride since we all enjoy riding so much. So we started shopping a whole lot we looked at everything out there. To give a little back ground on my situation my wife is an RN Risk Manager (a nurse who looks for EVERYTHING wrong) and the P4 was the only thing out there that filled the bill for what we wanted so all three of us could enjoy family adventures together safely. That is the reason I would suggest the 4. So bite the bullet spend the extra money and have fun with the whole family, we did and I am glad of it....

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
DUDE!! If you have kids don't even consider anything but the P-4. The rear roll cage looked a bit strange to me at first but it grows on you fast! In fact sxs's now look weird to me without it. You lose nothing with the P-4 and gain the joy of taking the kids riding. I don't even have kids yet and I still take my nephew and cousins kids riding every week. Get the 4 and don't look back!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 1,784
Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
Definately the P-4. Does everything the P-2 does, and hauls the family, its priceless.

M

motorman587

Sep 12, 2013
Good look at my post about Florida I posted yesterday. I put a picture with my girls. I get the 4 seater no questions. They fold down easy making it into a cargo bed........

K

Ky pioneer

Oct 12, 2013
I too had put money down on a P-2, but when the camo P-4 came in at dealer before the p-2 , I change my mind to the p-4, and glad I did !!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ky pioneer,
Welcome to the community. Look forward to your post and hearing about your adventures.
thanks for joining.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!