P500 P 500 won’t shift up

J

Jackg

Jul 28, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
My 2016 500 with 1500 miles on it started shifting erratically...some times wouldn't shift up until after multiple pulls on the paddle. It finally got to the point it wouldn’t shift at all and was in reverse. I used the manual tool and shifted it both up and down manually. Still wouldn’t shift with the paddles -just makes a clicking noise at the engine. It finally got to the point where the shift indicator was flashing a code - 2 long and 3 short or code 23. This indicated problems in the shift angle sensor. I just replaced the sensor and now it will shift down but not up. Still clicks when shifting up. No more codes on the shift indicator - shows the gear it’s in now.

Any ideas on what to try next before I head back to the dealer?

J

Jackg

Jul 28, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
Forgot to mention that I changed the oil and filter (Rotella T6) and adjusted the clutch. Also disconnected the battery overnight.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!