P500 P 520 Front Torque Locker

Bad Company

Bad Company

Supporting Member
Mar 19, 2021
Wartburg, Tn
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I called Hired Gun Offroad today about a front locker for the P 520. He called them to verify that the P 500 locker would work for the P 520. As it turns out, it will not work. And they told him that they haven't started to make them yet. Looks like it will be a while before we will have a front locker...

Reactions: J80
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

Tried and proven.

Reactions: Peter_72 and Bigtee
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520

Tried and proven.
As in, tried on a 520 and proven to work?

Reactions: Backwoods and J80
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
The diff carrier on the P520 is the same part number as the P500.
This is the part the Torq Masters locker fits in to.
So it fits.
Awesome. thanks!

Reactions: Backwoods and J80
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The diff carrier on the P520 is the same part number as the P500.
This is the part the Torq Masters locker fits in to.
So it fits.

Exactly what I thought. This op inspired me to call Torq Masters. Cora's supposed to be calling me back. The Hired Gun guy probably just went on their website and didn't see it listed.

Bad Company

Bad Company

Supporting Member
Mar 19, 2021
Wartburg, Tn
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Exactly what I thought. This op inspired me to call Torq Masters. Cora's supposed to be calling me back. The Hired Gun guy probably just went on their website and didn't see it listed.
He said he called her and she said they don't have one for the 2021 P 520. Please post what you hear from her. He also said that she told him they haven't even started the drawings for them yet.

RLindqu2

RLindqu2

Jan 21, 2021
Waitsburg WA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
Ok I installed TORQ Master locker on my 520 and have had no problems works great. Now installing, dual battery assembly, winch assembly, blinkers, led light bars, switch/glove box, wheels 5/3 and 26 inch tires, mirrors, top, front and back shields. Yes piggy bank is dead, barbecued and no leftovers. Asking for donations but we are all in the same habit.

Bad Company

Bad Company

Supporting Member
Mar 19, 2021
Wartburg, Tn
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Did you hear back from Cora? I e mailed them this evening, hope to hear back from them tomorrow...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Did you hear back from Cora? I e mailed them this evening, hope to hear back from them tomorrow...

No, never did. But I'm pretty sure nothing has changed. According to previous posts the 500 locker will work on the 520. If you don't get a response just call them, they answer.

Torq-Masters

Torq-Masters

Vendor
Jul 11, 2018
Rochester NY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi All
The 2021 parts diagrams were not available for a while, they are now. We couldn't confirm previously if the TORQ locker would fit the 520. I can confirm now it is.

FYI we were out of stock for a while. We have TL-HP500 at heat treat right now. Should be back in stock next week. Shoot me an email if you want to be added to the notification list.

[email protected]

We will email a day before so you can set a calendar reminder. Judging by our notification list we will probably sell out quickly. We've been swamped and have machines running 24/7. No material shortages for our alloy thankfully. Knock on wood.

Bad Company

Bad Company

Supporting Member
Mar 19, 2021
Wartburg, Tn
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi All
The 2021 parts diagrams were not available for a while, they are now. We couldn't confirm previously if the TORQ locker would fit the 520. I can confirm now it is.

FYI we were out of stock for a while. We have TL-HP500 at heat treat right now. Should be back in stock next week. Shoot me an email if you want to be added to the notification list.

[email protected]

We will email a day before so you can set a calendar reminder. Judging by our notification list we will probably sell out quickly. We've been swamped and have machines running 24/7. No material shortages for our alloy thankfully. Knock on wood.
Thanks for clearing this up for us Cora!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
We are back in stock FYI :)
Was at Southern Honda Powersports in Chattanooga today and younger sales guy was saying how he has added aftermarket power steering units to P500s (off work). I asked how many front lockers? Needless to say he and other staff made notes for Torq-Masters for the P500 and P520. As I walked away they were already searching on the web.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Got mine in the mail today. Looks like a sturdy piece of kit. FYI, it appears to have sand packed into the crevices (sand mold?) Might want to give it a good cleaning before installing.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Got mine in the mail today. Looks like a sturdy piece of kit. FYI, it appears to have sand packed into the crevices (sand mold?) Might want to give it a good cleaning before installing.
That's interesting as mine was fully machined, not a casting.

Reactions: Mudder
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
That's interesting as mine was fully machined, not a casting.
Hmmm. Not sure what it is then. Its brown and somewhat gritty. I just assumed (you know what they say...) it was cast, then machined to final spec.

Reactions: Mudder
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!