P1000 P1000-3 non-eps pictures?

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It seems like most members of this forum own P-1000 5 seaters, especially deluxe models. After some difficult decision making, I believe that the P1000-3 non-eps (green) is right for me. It seems like there is never any discussion or pictures about the "base model". P1000. I'm looking to see some pics and maybe get some discussion started about P1000-3 non eps models.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's definitely a good platform to start building. IMO I would start with the EPS version. Especially if you want to add bigger tires.

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's definitely a good platform to start building. IMO I would start with the EPS version. Especially if you want to add bigger tires.
Tire size shall remain stock. I originally was looking at cheaper machines like the P500, P700, and Yamaha Wolverine. Upgrading to the P1000, (even the 3-seat non eps), is already more than I'd rather spend on the initial purchase. So for me the basic rig will be fine. Still gotta have cash available for accessories as well . Plus, EPS models aren't available in olive green.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Tire size shall remain stock. I originally was looking at cheaper machines like the P500, P700, and Yamaha Wolverine. Upgrading to the P1000, (even the 3-seat non eps), is already more than I'd rather spend on the initial purchase. So for me the basic rig will be fine. Still gotta have cash available for accessories as well . Plus, EPS models aren't available in olive green.

You'll prob be fine then. And you're right, the non-EPS models don't get much live here.

I guess it's time for you to change that!

Reactions: Dp5hunter and sharp
J

JTW

I was anti eps until I bought one.. it's nice. I was actually going to add it to the p500 but decided to upgrade machines and the 1000-5 deluxe is badass! If I didn't need the 5 seats the wolverine rspec with eps would have made it a difficult decision for me! The wolverine doesn't need a skid plate as it has a steel belly, the rspec has the fox shocks and is just a very nice well thought out machine BUT it's strictly a two seater.

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was anti eps until I bought one.. it's nice. I was actually going to add it to the p500 but decided to upgrade machines and the 1000-5 deluxe is badass! If I didn't need the 5 seats the wolverine rspec with eps would have made it a difficult decision for me! The wolverine doesn't need a skid plate as it has a steel belly, the rspec has the fox shocks and is just a very nice well thought out machine BUT it's strictly a two seater.
I thought long and hard about the rspec as it was a top contender for me. I just really don't want to move away from a Honda. Ideally, I was waiting for Honda to release a "crossover" SxS that pretty much would be a direct competitor to the rspec. I just don't want to go back to belt either. Riding season will be here shortly, so I feel I had to make a decision soon. Where I ride, it's more forest roads, and rail grade. I think I'll be okay without eps.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
"I think I'll be OK without eps"

I thought I would be too. These things are a buggar to steer in 4WD. My next upgrade will be eps.

If you need to omit the eps for budget reasons, I understand. You can add it later for around $600.
If you are financing, it might be easier to lump the eps into your loan.

If money is no object. I HIGHLY recommend power steering.

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I will be paying cash for the unit. Not because money is no object, but because I sold my Rincon and saved my pennies to upgrade to a UTV. For me sacrificing around a $1,000 to not get the EPS will allow me to pay for the accessories which I consider my "must haves". I understand if you do financing, upgrading to different trims and packages doesn't have as dramatic of effect on your monthly payment. When the average guy pays cash, upgrades may become more thought out. Just my opinion. Even test driving the basic P1000, I was impressed with its innovation!

J

JTW

I thought long and hard about the rspec as it was a top contender for me. I just really don't want to move away from a Honda. Ideally, I was waiting for Honda to release a "crossover" SxS that pretty much would be a direct competitor to the rspec. I just don't want to go back to belt either. Riding season will be here shortly, so I feel I had to make a decision soon. Where I ride, it's more forest roads, and rail grade. I think I'll be okay without eps.
I would honestly save a little longer and get the power steering.. I know you have your reasons but I think you'll regret not doing it. They're big and heavy and eps makes it a soooo much better, particularly in 4x4.. you can actually use diff lock on the trail and dive the machine vs the machine driving you.

I understand the belt issue with the wolverine.. I question the power after riding with a Viking a few days ago. But there are some nice features on it that have to be added to the Honda. I'm tickled with the 1000-5.

lrandy129

lrandy129

Curmudgeon
Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2016
NELA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would honestly save a little longer and get the power steering.. I know you have your reasons but I think you'll regret not doing it. They're big and heavy and eps makes it a soooo much better, particularly in 4x4.. you can actually use diff lock on the trail and dive the machine vs the machine driving you.

^^^This. It's obviously your call as you'll have to live with the decision, but my experience has been that when you're spending that much money, the extra money typically pays back in the long run. Sort of a cry once buy once approach.

BTW, I've enjoyed my EPS. It was one of my 'must haves' on the SxS shopping list.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
advertisement
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will be paying cash for the unit. Not because money is no object, but because I sold my Rincon and saved my pennies to upgrade to a UTV. For me sacrificing around a $1,000 to not get the EPS will allow me to pay for the accessories which I consider my "must haves". I understand if you do financing, upgrading to different trims and packages doesn't have as dramatic of effect on your monthly payment. When the average guy pays cash, upgrades may become more thought out. Just my opinion. Even test driving the basic P1000, I was impressed with its innovation!
I recently upgraded to 10" wide tires on the front... they can be difficult to steer in 4lock, even with the eps. I can't imagine trying it without the eps.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You guys have some good thoughts with the EPS. I have put several miles on my father-in-laws ATV's with EPS. I can honestly say for an ATV, I wouldn't pay extra to have it. Not saying it wasn't nice, but for myself, I don't find it necessary. I suppose on a much heavier UTV, it may be a different story.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
J

JTW

You guys have some good thoughts with the EPS. I have put several miles on my father-in-laws ATV's with EPS. I can honestly say for an ATV, I wouldn't pay extra to have it. Not saying it wasn't nice, but for myself, I don't find it necessary. I suppose on a much heavier UTV, it may be a different story.
Exactly.. I went from atvs without it to a p500 without and I wanted it and was looking to add it. I can't imagine the 1000 without it!

lrandy129

lrandy129

Curmudgeon
Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2016
NELA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good luck w/your choice. To your original request; here's a pic of a green one w/28" intimidators.

28 terminators1 jpg554

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I think if you are 100% sure you'll only have 2 passengers then a base 1000 should be fine.
and if your under 30 years old, then non EPS should be no problem.

I've steered a 500 in 4wd enough to know its a must for me next time, but I'm an old man

Reactions: JTW and sharp
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!