P1000 P1000-3 non-eps pictures?

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think if you are 100% sure you'll only have 2 passengers then a base 1000 should be fine.
and if your under 30 years old, then non EPS should be no problem.

I've steered a 500 in 4wd enough to know its a must for me next time, but I'm an old man
Well I just turned 29, so I guess that still qualifies for a non-eps. Will always just be me and the wife, unless a niece or nephew tags along but that's rare.

Reactions: sharp
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Well in that case...My bad;)
No more like mine. Im sure could have found a 1000 like that, especially around here.

But I see the OPs point. I'm kinda in a similar situation. As badass as the 1000-5 Deluxe is , as often as I ride it would be $$$ just sitting there waiting to be used. And I also like the 1000-3 stance. To me it looks more like a tough little pick up truck.
If I had a choice. 1000-3 in white with a lift and some black wheels would be plenty for me

W

wyodlr

Aug 15, 2016
Cody Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Go with the EPS model so you get the paddle shifters ,other wise you have no manual mode

Reactions: JTW
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
T
N

The shifters would be nice!
I sold a Commander 1000 for the pioneer. The wife could not drive the commander because of no power steering. I will never buy another utv without it after getting it in the Pioneer. Plus everyone that wanted my commander backed out when they found it had no power steering. Just my thought but get it.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
J

JTW

I sold a Commander 1000 for the pioneer. The wife could not drive the commander because of no power steering. I will never buy another utv without it after getting it in the Pioneer. Plus everyone that wanted my commander backed out when they found it had no power steering. Just my thought but get it.
@rlutech, Did you hear that???

That was a truth bomb Kevin just dropped!!!

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Whitesxs2

Just found this. Interesting choice of tires.

Reactions: sharp
1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the 1000-3EPS and would never consider on without ps as my wife uses it around the yard. Also I like to run in manual mode and do the shifting myself. Re-sale is another reason, plus it would be very tiring fighting the manual steering on a long ride.

Good luck which ever route you take.

advertisement
Riverrat1

Riverrat1

Sep 1, 2016
West central illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wish they made an olive eps model.
I know exactly how you feel. Originally I wanted an olive 1000-3. I talked to the dealer and was told I could purchase the olive colored front hood for around $300. You can also purchase the olive colored door and bed panels later on. I ended up getting the olive 1000 5 since it ended up being the same price as a 1000 3 with eps.

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
IMG 20170106 171259 035
FB IMG 1483205949004
IMG 20161226 171130 562
Snapchat 1385290010651135512
20161218 112131
I bought the 1000-3 non EPS in Olive and I love it. Never drove one with power steering so idk but I think a lot of these guys are spoiler. Both my racecars are manual racks, my mud truck is a manual rack spinning 40s and my dually on 37s might as well be manual rack because the power steering sucks lol. I bought mine to work, hunt and push a race car. seems like a lot of these guys buy these as hobbies, I bought mine to assist in my hobbie. If I would have paid more attention and noticd you can unbolt the rear section of the cage on the 1000-5 I probably would have spent the extra because I think that cage is way too "suv that my grandpa drives". Im about to throw some aftermarket black wheels on it with stock tires just to give it that "im not completely base model" look lol. THE MAIN REASON I bought mine was because I paid $11,300 and got $500 gift card from Honda which bought the roof. I didn't tell her I was buying it so it was kind of a Christmas present to us both.

J

JTW

View attachment 32173 View attachment 32169 View attachment 32170 View attachment 32171 View attachment 32172 I bought the 1000-3 non EPS in Olive and I love it. Never drove one with power steering so idk but I think a lot of these guys are spoiler. Both my racecars are manual racks, my mud truck is a manual rack spinning 40s and my dually on 37s might as well be manual rack because the power steering sucks lol. I bought mine to work, hunt and push a race car. seems like a lot of these guys buy these as hobbies, I bought mine to assist in my hobbie. If I would have paid more attention and noticd you can unbolt the rear section of the cage on the 1000-5 I probably would have spent the extra because I think that cage is way too "suv that my grandpa drives". Im about to throw some aftermarket black wheels on it with stock tires just to give it that "im not completely base model" look lol. THE MAIN REASON I bought mine was because I paid $11,300 and got $500 gift card from Honda which bought the roof. I didn't tell her I was buying it so it was kind of a Christmas present to us both.
She's better look'n than you tbow!

Reactions: 1BadDart
ShearerPerformance

ShearerPerformance

Vendor
Jan 26, 2017
Space Coast FL
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-3
I have a 1000-3 EPS as well as a '14 700-4 (no PS). The P700 steers easily and I argued with everyone I rode with (who all have P1K5Ds) that I didn't need PS and refused to buy a UTV with it. Then I drove a EPS model and a non EPS model back to back. Left with the EPS and for something like $3-400 more. And you get the paddle shifters with it as well, which I actually use to keep the bike where I want it when riding.

Also, tell the dealer to throw in the olive green plastics. When My brother bought his, they only had red, but he wanted silver. So the dealer threw in all of the silver panels and all we had to do was swap it all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 32173 View attachment 32169 View attachment 32170 View attachment 32171 View attachment 32172 I bought the 1000-3 non EPS in Olive and I love it. Never drove one with power steering so idk but I think a lot of these guys are spoiler. Both my racecars are manual racks, my mud truck is a manual rack spinning 40s and my dually on 37s might as well be manual rack because the power steering sucks lol. I bought mine to work, hunt and push a race car. seems like a lot of these guys buy these as hobbies, I bought mine to assist in my hobbie. If I would have paid more attention and noticd you can unbolt the rear section of the cage on the 1000-5 I probably would have spent the extra because I think that cage is way too "suv that my grandpa drives". Im about to throw some aftermarket black wheels on it with stock tires just to give it that "im not completely base model" look lol. THE MAIN REASON I bought mine was because I paid $11,300 and got $500 gift card from Honda which bought the roof. I didn't tell her I was buying it so it was kind of a Christmas present to us both.

Dude what breed of dog is that? He's got some ears. LOL

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I didn't need the EPS and was sure that it was a total waste of money..........
until my wife decided that she liked the idea of a SXS and after a trip to the dealer for her to try, the PS sealed the deal.
Was just outside plowing snow with the P1000 EPS and man what a joy the PS is.
Whatever you decide, the P1000 is where it's at for a SXS.

Reactions: Deer-hunter and JTW
C

CURTK

Feb 25, 2017
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
I just put power steering on my p500 and I was like a kid in a candy store. Looking towards converting my old Rincon Tracks to fit on this rig and p/s is mandatory with tracks. Won't be a speed demon but will have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Deer-hunter and JTW
J

JTW

I didn't need the EPS and was sure that it was a total waste of money..........
until my wife decided that she liked the idea of a SXS and after a trip to the dealer for her to try, the PS sealed the deal.
Was just outside plowing snow with the P1000 EPS and man what a joy the PS is.
Whatever you decide, the P1000 is where it's at for a SXS.
I thought it was dumb until I bought one with it... yup. Me likes!

Reactions: Deer-hunter
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!