P1000m3 p1000 with tracks

JimH1

JimH1

Sep 27, 2016
Duluth MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well the rig is ready for some ice fish adventures and the 7' X 14" trailer is a perfect match.

Unnamed 3

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JimH1 same here. Would love to hear a good review of them. Thanks!

Reactions: sharp
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Emailed Track n Go out of curiosity and it looks like most of us here probably wouldn't consider this setup lol
This was the response

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products. The price for a complete set of Track N Go including everything you need to install it on your vehicle is $26000 USD.

If you are ready to purchase your system now we are giving free shipping in the US

Let me know if you would like for use to contact you to give you more details.

Best regards,

WTH? That's just crazy... lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I thought so too. Was just looking into all options and that's not one of um

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N

Nurm

Nov 15, 2016
Yooper
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I spent about four hours over the last two days cruising with Camso UTV 4S tracks on my 1000-5 deluxe. We got about 6-8 inches of snow over the last two days as well. We started at camp....View media item 2848Hit a lot of two track roads, some snowmobile trails that weren't groomed yet, but mostly in open fields, through open hardwoods or hay swamps. It was an awesome time, these things are amazing. I was able to go anywhere through open hardwoods where it would fit. There was some fresh logging with tops laying everywhere. I just walked right over the top of them with ease. I was in high range all the time, mostly in auto, I was comfortable going 50 mph on speedo, which my wife followed me and said i was going about 35. When i was on open roads a used 2WD and when i hit some two track i used 4WD and when it got steep or gnarly i went to diff lock. In diff lock busting drifts or over berms without spinning, unbelievable!! I did find that sport mode kept me in the power band, but it was quite a bit louder. Manual mode did work well also to keep revs up some. I have a windshield, but did not have a mid panel. When we went yesterday it was literally a snow drift in the cab, so I put a piece of paper machine felt with zip ties as a makeshift mid panel. I worked quite well, still some snow inside, but way better. After we rode for awhile and everything warmed up it got fairly nice in the cab. It was about 10 degrees most of the day. When we went faster a lot of steam came up through the dash and seat and the windshield fogged to frost on the inside alot. I brought a squeegee which was very useful.
We were heading back to the trailer and hitting a few drift and dunes and did not see a fairly big drop off and we slid pretty hard on the left front and the track derailed. I tried to get it back on after loosening the tension, but no luck. I had to drive it a couple of miles without the track on. I did get it back on in the garage, and no worse for the wear.View media item 2849I am looking forward to MORE SNOW!!

Bartman

Bartman

Jun 24, 2016
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just curious if you guys with the Camso tracks had also looked at the Mattracks, and if you did what did you like better about the Camso's ?

Reactions: sharp
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just curious if you guys with the Camso tracks had also looked at the Mattracks, and if you did what did you like better about the Camso's ?
I think the mattracks says some light frame modifications are needed to make them fit. But i dont know personly. I. Just remember reading that some where

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
N

Nurm

Nov 15, 2016
Yooper
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found a decent deal on the camso, so went with them. The instructions for the camso also called for cutting the rear fenders. I did not do that since it looked like plenty of clearance. No issues so far.
My brother had Mattracks on his Kubota and they we OK.

JimH1

JimH1

Sep 27, 2016
Duluth MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well I finally got a chance to try out the rig with the tracks on it, "I've had the cold from hell". any way I drove over to a buddy's house and pulled his fish house on a lake we both live by. I built a extension for the receiver hitch so when I turn I don't grab track The fish house weighs about 1500lbs and it pulled like nothing was back there. We played around on the lake for awhile The thing is a brute I found a plowed up pile of snow that was about 6' high and decide to give it a go. The back side was so steep it my head fit the roof jarred me pretty good but I made it over it wasn't even a challenge guess I will wear my seat belt from now on . When I got back home and put it back on the trailer I noticed that the front idler wheels are offset in the tracks what I mean is on the inside I see about 3/8 to 1/2 inch on track and on the outside I see about 1 to 1,1/2 inches. I called the dealer and talked to the guy that installed them he said thats the way the are made. I hope these pics will show what I am talking about I sure don't want to spin a track off.20161221 153808inside 20161221 153827 outside. Sure like to hear from the other track owners on this.20161221 133722 20161221 133738

RyanOrange3

RyanOrange3

Oct 13, 2016
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I want!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've used tracks quite a bit on quads and Rangers. Dont have any for the Pioneer yet. A couple of things to watch for. It is very easy to bend tie rods in the front when using tracks. If you bump a rock buried in the snow, the steering rods can bend pretty easily. We bent two last winter on a ranger.
About the only way to get a tracked machine stuck is to go over a large enough log. It will go over it with the fronts easily but the back tracks won't. You end up with the log in between the front and rear tracks and can't go forward or back. Smaller logs are no problem. We carry chainsaws all the time now.
There are heavy duty tie rods available for the Rangers. Hopefully someone will come out for a set for the Pioneer.

JimH1

JimH1

Sep 27, 2016
Duluth MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've used tracks quite a bit on quads and Rangers. Dont have any for the Pioneer yet. A couple of things to watch for. It is very easy to bend tie rods in the front when using tracks. If you bump a rock buried in the snow, the steering rods can bend pretty easily. We bent two last winter on a ranger.
About the only way to get a tracked machine stuck is to go over a large enough log. It will go over it with the fronts easily but the back tracks won't. You end up with the log in between the front and rear tracks and can't go forward or back. Smaller logs are no problem. We carry chainsaws all the time now.
There are heavy duty tie rods available for the Rangers. Hopefully someone will come out for a set for the Pioneer.

View attachment 29764
Thanks for the insight I will try to keep my eyes peeled for rocks and I have read about "track trapped" with logs .

Bartman

Bartman

Jun 24, 2016
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 29764
Ouch ! that looks like more than a broken tie rod.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Would it make more sense to carry spare tie rods instead of upgrading to bigger ones? I think I would still want to have the factory tie rod is the weak link and not risk breaking a steering rack.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Would it make more sense to carry spare tie rods instead of upgrading to bigger ones? I think I would still want to have the factory tie rod is the weak link and not risk breaking a steering rack.

Seems reasonable. Weak links are very good sometimes easy to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CashMoney
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!