P1000 P1k-5 second gen?

B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Almost read to pull the trigger, just waiting on the dealer to get new inventory in, was told by next week (decided on blue deluxe 1000-5), but wanted to know if anyone thought a refresh or gen 2 pioneer is coming sooner than later. The current platform is 5 model years in. Just curious. I know some models dont really change much, like can am commander, yammy viking, etc...
Thanks!!!

Reactions: BWAF and TripleB
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Pics before it happens or it ain’t gona happen:D

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Almost read to pull the trigger, just waiting on the dealer to get new inventory in, was told by next week (decided on blue deluxe 1000-5), but wanted to know if anyone thought a refresh or gen 2 pioneer is coming sooner than later. The current platform is 5 model years in. Just curious. I know some models dont really change much, like can am commander, yammy viking, etc...
Thanks!!!
I just bought a 2019, I don’t think you’ll see much change beyond colors. They are pretty popular in their current configuration.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks!!!
I would say they'll put alot work in talon but leave pioneer alone guess they may up hp eventually

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda does things very slow and methodical. Model lines follow a long path to obsolescence. Ex. TRX300, Rincon etc. I would fully expect the pioneer 1000 will remain as such with very modest updates over many more years, then an eventual model replacement under a different moniker. It’s how Honda rolls. You buy a Polaris or Can Am for the “hear and now” and a Honda for the “long haul”, much like a Harley. You mention the Can Am Commander. That model is seriously outdated and does need to be replaced or updated. Polaris nailed that segment with the General.
Honda should toss their hat in this ring, but probably won’t.

Reactions: Mudwing and bullyx

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!