Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So as a cost saving measure Honda dropped the standard LED lights that the Pioneer 1000 series had traditionally had and now sends them out with Halogen bulbs. Now you can buy the OEM LED lights & required harness from Honda for $420 or you can replace the Halogen bulb with a great LED bulb replacement for 10% to 30% of the costs by swapping out the halogen H13 / 9008 bulbs with one of the below.

The better bulb set is 30K lumen 65 watt Hi / Lo beam at $130 here:

Also there is a 20K lumen 45 watt Hi / Lo Beam at $40 here:

Both have great reviews from auto owners, both have built in CAN BUS to eliminate any flickering, codes, or LED burnout, compared to cheaper made bulbs.

I'm going to try the $130 set, and see how they perform in a 24 P1K

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love my OEM LED lights on my 2020. I hope these turn out to be spectacular. Others will really benefit from your find.

My trucks have LED replacements in all applications and I love them.

Thanks for sharing that

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I've got the halogen bulbs in my 2022 Talon X4. Never got around to changing them since I have a light bar and cubes. Guess I need to check if they'll fit the Talon also......off to check.

Edit: quick look on ron ayers shows the Talon halogen bulb for a 2022 is the same as a Pioneer. 34901-HL4-A01

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I've got the halogen bulbs in my 2022 Talon X4. Never got around to changing them since I have a light bar and cubes. Guess I need to check if they'll fit the Talon also......off to check.
Yes they fit, should be H13 / 9008 series bulb / size connector

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
FWIW...... I've had a cheap set of L.E.D bulbs in my 19' P1K5 since new, and have rode along side others with the more expensive bulbs....... I've noticed the problem is the light housing doesn't project the light as well as it should IMO. Stand in front of them and they'll blind you, but they just don't project the light that well. A good set of cubes or a light bar is money well spent instead of the bulbs IMO.

My 2 cents....

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
FWIW...... I've had a cheap set of L.E.D bulbs in my 19' P1K5 since new, and have rode along side others with the more expensive bulbs....... I've noticed the problem is the light housing doesn't project the light as well as it should IMO. Stand in front of them and they'll blind you, but they just don't project the light that well. A good set of cubes or a light bar is money well spent instead of the bulbs IMO.

My 2 cents....
Most LED replacement bulbs are not adjustable, the particular one I linked can be rotated and locked into any position for optimal beam patterns. You observation might have been with bulbs not using the headlight deflector most effectively. But yes add on cubes can make a great difference, but where I live will get you pulled over if using them.

I'm trying to get the best out of OEM lights if I happen to be on roads after dusk while drawing as little attention to myself as possible.

A

ADVBUM

Dec 10, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would love to change out to led. Only issue I have is the fan assisted cooling. The fans go out or become noticeable and I cant stand listening to then hum.

Reactions: TxDoc and JenElio
RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tried a set of LED from eBay back in the fall. They are bright but light projection is poor. High beam had a really bad dark spot in the center. The seller was nice and actually refunded my money without me requesting. I was just trying to work through how to make them work.

Recently added the LED light bar from the club store which has taken care of the dark spot. I like the idea of LED bulbs to lower the load on the charging system.

Subscribing to this thread. If the new ones you found work well I may order some.

IMG 4577

Last edited:
Reactions: Rayger143 and TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!