P1000 P1K-5 sputtering... need help.

M

MrShirls

Jun 13, 2019
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First time post, hoping y’all can help. 2016 P1K5 Deluxe. Ok guys, I got a weird issue. Recently, my machine once it is fully warm, starts sputtering / shimmying under light acceleration going up a grade. Happens when RPMs are low in a gear(does it 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears) but under slight grade climb load. I haven’t noticed it when the drive train is cool. My initial concern is clutch packs, but they supposedly rev up then shift hard. The Facebook message i posted in the Honda Pioneer 1000 group had some suggestions like engine ground wire, spark plugs, vent lines, i wish i could post the video so you could hear it. I don’t know. I’m going on a ride in 2 weeks and need it fixed.

Reactions: BigOL3
B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My guess is your fuel injector wiring. The 2016’s are known for bad wiring to the injectors. Check the site store for replacement jumpers. They are cheap. Even if it’s not your problem today, it will be eventually so replacing them is a good idea.

I’m sure others have thoughts as well!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

golfer1

Mar 1, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How old are the spark plugs? Is the fuel old? Hope you can find the problem quickly

Reactions: hoghead76
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is it running hot? What oil are you using? Mine would do what your describing. I switched to amsoil atv oil and it doesn't shudder at all anymore. I'd really notice it taking off from a stop sign going slow, and slightly uphill.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!