P1000 P1K5 Honda Doors vs CEC Enclosure

G

grallison14

Jul 6, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I know there are already a lot of posts on doors. But I’m looking for more input...I just sold a 250L for $3300 and I am looking at doors for winter use up here in Michigan.

I have the cash to do the Honda doors and I really like them, and like the thought of hard cab and crank windows. I’ve also heard really good things on the soft CEC enclosures.

looking for some more input or options or really someone to just deter me from spending the money on the OEM doors haha, cause I don’t think I can bring myself to say no😂

AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the CEC and am completely satisfied with it. Have to unzip the windows to open the doors. Added a strip of material between the top of the windshield and the roof to block wind and rain, and this thing keeps the wind and dust out. Easy to install and remove for the changing seasons. No issues on the trailer at 75mph. I am not familiar with other options, so can't compare. But full doors seem like a nice option for easier access and maybe better vis out the windows, except for that price.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have the CEC and love it. Had the honda ones before and there a pita. Trailering with the CEC is great no issues. Also seals well and easy to put on. where in Mi you from?

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I know there are already a lot of posts on doors. But I’m looking for more input...I just sold a 250L for $3300 and I am looking at doors for winter use up here in Michigan.

I have the cash to do the Honda doors and I really like them, and like the thought of hard cab and crank windows. I’ve also heard really good things on the soft CEC enclosures.

looking for some more input or options or really someone to just deter me from spending the money on the OEM doors haha, cause I don’t think I can bring myself to say no😂
Here’s my two cents. I have the Honda Gen 2 doors and I like them a lot. I liked the CEC enclosure but I use my rig for checking fence and feeding cattle every day and didn’t want to unzip and zip the door every time. With the funds you have and if I were doing it again, I would buy a Honda glass windshield, hard mid panel and full doors. That’s roughly $2300ish. That would seal the cab better than the upper doors or CEC enclosure.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Another one here with the CEC and I'm happy with it, but like @Russ989 said - if you're doing something that you need to get in and out of often, you may get a bit tired of the zipper. It was an easy decision to go CEC over the gen 1 honda uppers, but it'd be much harder now to pick it over the gen 2's. Then there's full cab coverage vs only front with honda doors to keep in mind.

I'm running the soft mid panel also, and once the cab warms up, I only have my door zipped up just enough to keep the window straight up (maybe about 40% of the way zipped) so it makes it a bit easier if you're getting in and out a lot.

I never really looked at the hard door/mid panels and can't offer any input there.

G

grallison14

Jul 6, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here’s my two cents. I have the Honda Gen 2 doors and I like them a lot. I liked the CEC enclosure but I use my rig for checking fence and feeding cattle every day and didn’t want to unzip and zip the door every time. With the funds you have and if I were doing it again, I would buy a Honda glass windshield, hard mid panel and full doors. That’s roughly $2300ish. That would seal the cab better than the upper doors or CEC enclosure.

Russ, do you know if the Gen2 seals up against the other Honda windshields? I believe I have the OEM full hardcover polycarbonate scratch resistant windshield.
Also $2750 appears to be the going rate for just the hard cab doors. Do you know if the Gen2s are being sold at that price too? Or no of somewhere else to buy (not at dealer pricing) it seems like it’s pretty standard that you need to buy from the dealer?
Thanks guys!

Reactions: ChadD and Russ989
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have to agree with the others, only reason I didn’t go CEC was the zippers to close it up. If you go soft I’d look at seizmik or Honda gen 2. The seizmik is great and I really like it but I have a SATV flip windshield and they take some modification to work. If you used a hard windshield the seizmik would be good to go.

But with your funds I’d go hard doors probably.

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Russ, do you know if the Gen2 seals up against the other Honda windshields? I believe I have the OEM full hardcover polycarbonate scratch resistant windshield.
Also $2750 appears to be the going rate for just the hard cab doors. Do you know if the Gen2s are being sold at that price too? Or no of somewhere else to buy (not at dealer pricing) it seems like it’s pretty standard that you need to buy from the dealer?
Thanks guys!
The Gen 2 doors were $475 on Rocky Mountain ATV when I bought mine last month. They will seal up pretty good with the Honda oem windshield. I have the SATV windshield and had to do some modifications.

32C507F9 3F74 4089 B1F1 120E382DDD4D
A4DC7B31 C744 4F75 8109 ADE4A11A9891

G

grallison14

Jul 6, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh I see, You have the Gen 2 upper soft doors! I'm thinking about doing the Hard Cab Doors. Definitely good to know that you like the Gen2 soft uppers better than the CEC! I agree about the Hard rear mid panel, I like their sliding window!

Reactions: ChadD and Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh I see, You have the Gen 2 upper soft doors! I'm thinking about doing the Hard Cab Doors. Definitely good to know that you like the Gen2 soft uppers better than the CEC! I agree about the Hard rear mid panel, I like their sliding window!
Correct, I have the Honda mid panel as well. I thought the Honda hard doors were around $1500, I was way off!

advertisement
Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The soft doors are a PITA if you get in and out a lot on the trail like I do. Also, trailering started out fine but eventually I had problems with the top billowing out. Also, zipping the window up and down all the time was a pain. I ended up throwing them away and this year installed the Honda hard doors. Everything about them is far superior then any of the soft doors. Big plus is that it’s way more quiet inside now.

G

grallison14

Jul 6, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well boys, I remembered that the local powersports dealer in Grand Rapids MI is owned by the same people that own about 200 other Car dealerships in the state and chicago. (Fox) My dad is a car sales man and I was able to get a 15% discount on parts. So I made the decision to get Hard doors, rear hard panel, and mirrors for the hard doors. So I made the purchase, I'll let you know when they get here and I get them installed!

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I love my CEC enclosures. They are weather tight for sure. If I had to do it again, I'd asked for them to be able to zipper off the window completely when we get warm days so I can get in/out faster. I'd compared it to getting in and out of a tent. A slight pain but worth the protection.

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I love my CEC enclosures. They are weather tight for sure. If I had to do it again, I'd asked for them to be able to zipper off the window completely when we get warm days so I can get in/out faster. I'd compared it to getting in and out of a tent. A slight pain but worth the protection.
The windows on the latest CEC uppers are removable now.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well boys, I remembered that the local powersports dealer in Grand Rapids MI is owned by the same people that own about 200 other Car dealerships in the state and chicago. (Fox) My dad is a car sales man and I was able to get a 15% discount on parts. So I made the decision to get Hard doors, rear hard panel, and mirrors for the hard doors. So I made the purchase, I'll let you know when they get here and I get them installed!
So, are you from GR? If so, not too far from me.
hard doors and pnels are real neat. The only complaint iv heard in the past with that pacage is the heat when it get warm. Youll have to remove them or you will cook in the summer. Interested to know how that works for you?

Reactions: Smitty335
Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I had Honda soft doors and they never sealed up properly. I recently bought the Honda Gen 2 hard full doors. They fit well and seal up like a car door does. The weatherstripping is very robust. The interior of the cab is much more quiet and comfortable. Expensive but in my opinion, worth it.

MaconMan12

MaconMan12

Jul 27, 2022
Sandy, Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had Honda soft doors and they never sealed up properly. I recently bought the Honda Gen 2 hard full doors. They fit well and seal up like a car door does. The weatherstripping is very robust. The interior of the cab is much more quiet and comfortable. Expensive but in my opinion, worth it.
Can you send me a picture of what it looks like? Is the whole door panel black, or does the bottom half match the color of the rest of the machine?

Reactions: Lady01
M

mrmagoolin

Apr 20, 2022
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you send me a picture of what it looks like? Is the whole door panel black, or does the bottom half match the color of the rest of the machine?
You can install your color panels from the doors you are taking off.

Reactions: Lady01
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3

Please tell me where those items can be purchased for that amount.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
advertisement