P1000 P1k5 Roll Cage Weight Rating?

EmEyeZee

EmEyeZee

Jul 25, 2022
SE MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am hoping to rig up some kind of pulley system to help with loading bigger game into the bed. In the past (with a different SxS), I have used a simple hand crank winch hooked into the bed. With this new 1000-5, I can see some potential in using the roll cage as a higher connection point for the pulley system. But I cannot find anything regarding how much weight these cages are rated for. I do not want to fold up a crossbar trying to lift a 200lb harvest into the bed. Can anyone else point me in the right direction? Or, better yet, show me some completed projects for game loading? I have had little luck with the search bar.

Thanks!

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do believe guys have rigged them for the task though. One of our members has a small winch on the side of his cage to help with side-hilling.

Last edited:
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Found this thread for you with some ideas. That vid where the guy tilts the bed and winches from the front is pretty cool.

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been wanting to put a small "boat trailer winch" type winch on the bed frame of my P1K5 and running a pulley system to the upper ROPS members to assist in loading game and other heavier objects. Lot of outfitters in Co./NM use a small winch on the backs of other ATV's and pick ups mounted near the top of the cabs of the vehicles to get elk/mule deer into the bed of the ATV or pick up... If anyone has done this, please post up pics!!

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would think lifting 200 pounds would be fine. A lot of guys on here hook a winch to the side of the roll bar to get one side of the machine off the ground

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I would think lifting 200 pounds would be fine. A lot of guys on here hook a winch to the side of the roll bar to get one side of the machine off the ground
Agreed. After all, the ROPS is designed for keeping the weight of the SXS from crushing it's occupants, especially in the event of a rollover. Yes, I know, that weight would spread out over the entire cage (and not a single point where you might mount a pulley) if/when that happens, but a couple hundred pounds on a pulley hanging from the ROPS shouldn't be a problem.

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Found this thread for you with some ideas. That vid where the guy tilts the bed and winches from the front is pretty cool.

Thanks for that link Dave!! This will be my next "project"... and I thought as soon as I got those Elka's installed I was "DONE"... You guys are great.... at helping me to spend my money!! 👍 🤣

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Thanks for that link Dave!! This will be my next "project"... and I thought as soon as I got those Elka's installed I was "DONE"... You guys are great.... at helping me to spend my money!! 👍 🤣
You're NEVER "done". ;)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!