P1000 P1k5 Tailgate Reinforcement

C

Chmathu89

May 13, 2019
St. Anne, Il
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not trying to put you down... I’m 225 and can sit on the tailgate and have been since I bought it. Yeah, you feel a little deflection but it’s no big deal.
It was a pretty hot day this past summer if I remember correctly, over 90 degrees and sun beating down on the black plastic all day which may have made it feel softer to me as well.

C

Chmathu89

May 13, 2019
St. Anne, Il
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Strengthened ours up a bit when I decided to add storage. Snapped the cables a couple times but haven’t flexed the gate. Probably overkill without folding steel straps. Eventually I may look into those.
If you drilled holes in bottom of gate and sprayed expansion foam way up in there in stages so it’d dry it’ll work. I’ve done that with the doors and it makes them much stronger and solid shutting
View attachment 175312 View attachment 175314 View attachment 175313
View attachment 175316
Just finished going through that entire thread, very cool what you did with the stock gate. You also got me thinking about chopping my cage lol. It looks so much sportier that way.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just finished going through that entire thread, very cool what you did with the stock gate. You also got me thinking about chopping my cage lol. It looks so much sportier that way.
Thanks. Less top heavy too, that’s what I was going for. Glad I did it now because it wouldn’t have fit in our motorhome stock

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!