p2 air intake

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I was looking at the air intake wondering about air flow when was looking I noticed there was a mud splatter that looked like it was from the tire.
next I looked in the air box and it had a couple of inches of water in it. I think the water is spray from the tire. I think I will make a spray guard and see if it stops.

Attachments

• get-attachment16666.jpg
    get-attachment16666.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 705
  • get-attachment3555.jpg
    get-attachment3555.jpg
    735.4 KB · Views: 690
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Holy s***!

Is the rubber flap installed on the front of your bed? That should have stopped this.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
WOW spifyd.
I need to check mine. I cant believe this is from just riding in the rain 2 days.
Ya, for sure got to build some type of flap.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Just by looking at it when I first got my Pioneer I figured it would be a problem.I snorkeled mine and its been good no power loss or anything like that. At least by drawing air now at the front of the machine and installing a pre filter its kept the foam filter still looking like new ,even though we still have snow lots of the roads we've been on have been a bit dusty and last ride there was lots of melting so things got pretty muddy and wet and I had no problems with the filter. BTW if I was to snorkel it again i'd got to a farm supplt and buy some 2" air seeder sucktion hose and use it rather then the PVC that way there wouldn't be and sharp bends etc: accessories-and-modifications-f48/homemade-snorkel-for-pioneer-t1141.htm

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
The bed flap is there but it does not quite seal the air intake from the tire.
I would think at wide open throttle the air intake would be like a vacuum cleanersucking in any thing around it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!