P4 or the razr

S

Steve26

Sep 27, 2013
What is the best machine for trail riding?

J

jmoor126

Sep 23, 2013
I just went through the same issue, which to get. I decided on the P4 because of the hauling capibilities. The P4 and the RZR are so different. I personally am glad I saved the 8k and went with the P4, but I use mine for around the farm daily. If you want to be the boss of the trails...spend 20k on a RZR, if you need to pull, haul, lift, carry anything other than humans go with a P4.

S

Steve26

Sep 27, 2013
I ain't getting it for hauling getting it for fun but I don't need 70mph fun you know just need it to go up hills can't go fast in the mountains I live around any way...have some fun on it...plus saving 8k and not going as fast is fine in my book

R

realcdn

Oct 2, 2013
Steve26 said:
I ain't getting it for hauling getting it for fun but I don't need 70mph fun you know just need it to go up hills can't go fast in the mountains I live around any way...have some fun on it...plus saving 8k and not going as fast is fine in my book

Hey Steve, I'm in the same boat... just looking for something that is good on the trails, safe and can seat at least 3. That's why I'm comparing against the new Viking but haven't made a decision yet. Going to checkout both machines this weekend.

B

Bfree

Sep 20, 2013
Ive had a RZR 4 for 4 yrs now. Its a blast to ride in the mntns, Ive been to MOAB Utah, Colorado 3 times, E. Oklahoma, and all the over the Ozarks and the Oauchita mntns in Arkansas. Im considering selling mine b/c I now have some land in the mntns and need more utility usage. But for the ride its hard to beat, Itll walk circles around jeeps, atvs and smaller SXSs. Depends on what you're gonna be using it for; for pure sport w/the ability to carry 4 people and a nice size ice chest the RZR is the way to go, for all around usage around the farm and house, hauling fire wood I'd consider the Pioneer 4.

R

Rockfarmer816

Oct 7, 2013
Not to mention if it's like other polaris machines "4 wheelers", give it a little time and the wiring will mess up, display won't work right, battery won't charge, cv boots will go, tie rods fail and the rattling starts etc..... Ya, I've had 3 of them. Maybe the sxs's are built better than the bikes, but that doesn't say much for over all quality and really the power plants and Trans are all built in the same fashion. I had a rincon after my polaris bikes and it's like apples and oranges. Rode my honda for 3 years, just added gas and changed the oil. Sure you'll get passed in a honda, but they can't pass you when you're pulling them home' or giving them a lift back to the truck. Just my .02.